If you have any questions about our security services or security courses/programs on the Gold Coast, please call one of our friendly staff members, or alternatively refer to the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) which may assist you.
- How can I pay for a Program or Course, and can I apply for a Program fee payment option?
Programs & Courses – We accept cash, EFTPOS, Direct Deposit, and Electronic Funds Transfer -EFT
Program Fee payment plan – Interest Free options are available in conjunction with Certegy (application and conditions apply)
- Are refunds available?
Yes, in accordance with our refund policy. Refer to the Program or Course Enrolment Form, Program Handbook or Certificate 3 Guarantee Program Handbook
- Are Regal’s programs nationally recognised?
Yes – Regal Security & Industry Training Pty Ltd is recognised as an Australian Qualification Framework nationally Recognised Training Organisation RTO Provider Number 32331 since 2011, meeting Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) Standards for RTOs 2015.
- What is a Credit Transfer?
If you have already been awarded a unit for this course we can give you a credit transfer for that unit provided the Unit Code is an exact match. The cost of the course will not be varied where credit transfer is awarded due to additional administrative processing. Please email us at info[email protected] for further details.
5. Is QLD Government Funding available?
Regal Security and Industry Training is an approved Pre-Qualified Supplier (PQS) provider since 01/07/2016 for the delivery of training and assessment services subsidised by the QLD Government – Department of Education and Training (DET), and recently for the QLD Treasury, Back to Work initiative – Certificate 3 Guarantee Boost Program for eligible Queensland residents to enrol (once only) with the applicable co-contribution (non or concessional) fee to support applying for and/or ongoing training for Queensland employment opportunities. Programs: CPP30411 CIII in Security Operations or CPP30607 CIII in Investigative Services.
What is the Certificate 3 Guarantee Program? Introduced by the QLD Government 1 July 2014 as a new QLD VET Reform Action Plan – Great Skills, Real Opportunities for eligible Queenslanders’ who have not completed a Certificate III or higher qualification since leaving school, to access quality training programs that deliver effective skills to meet employment and business demands. Co-contribution subsidies for fee/material costs of CIII program to support employment pre-requisite training e.g QLD Security Class 1 Licence or Investigation industry licence Application qualification requirements. Eligibility requirements and full information is available on the QLD Government – Certificate 3 Guarantee Fact Sheet and FAQs
What is the Certificate 3 Guarantee Boost Program? The QLD Government ‘Back to Work’ initiative supports eligible Queenslanders’ who have completed a Certificate III or higher qualification with funding for training to help secure local jobs and may include ‘second chance’ training for jobseekers or workers who need or want new or updated skills to gain, change or retain employment. Back to Work Jobseeker Officers provide training options advice and assess eligibility for approval of completing the Certificate 3 Guarantee Boost Program with an approved QLD PQS training provider – e.g Regal Security and Industry Training for training to meet QLD security licence application requirements.
Back to Work Jobseeker Officers will assess a jobseeker’s existing qualifications, potential training needs and refer individuals to a subsidised training opportunity. Approval to complete the program must be provided before commencing the pre/enrolment process with Regal Security and Industry Training. Complete the online referral form for your local Jobseeker Officer or Youth Jobseeker Officer to contact you to discuss your eligibility.
6. When do I get my Qualification?
On final assessment outcome of competent qualification completion, certification will be awarded in person, or by post if preferred for:
- RSA certification – same day of course demonstration completion
- Licence Function or CPR Re-Qualification Course – same day of course completion
- Licence Function Statement of Attainment – 1-2 units; same day of course completion
- Program Statement of Attainment – within 21 calendar days
- Program Recognition of Prior Learning – within 21 calendar days
- Blended Program Qualification – within 30 calendar days
We are proud to meet ASQA Standards for RTOS 2015 Standard 3 Clause 3.3: AQF certification documentation is issued to a learner within 30 calendar days of the learner being assessed as meeting the requirements of the training product if the training program in which the learner is enrolled is complete, and providing all agreed fees the learner owes to the RTO have been paid.
7. What do I need to apply for my QLD Security Licence?
Refer to QLD Security Licence Application conditions and eligibility
- You are not eligible for a licence if you have been convicted of a disqualifying offence in the past 10 years, where a conviction was recorded.
You must also tell us if you have been found guilty of a disqualifying offence in the past 5 years, where a conviction was not recorded (this is known as an ‘unrecorded finding of guilt’). We may ask you for further information so we can assess if you are a suitable person to hold a licence.
8. How do I get a QLD Security Firearms Licence?
Refer to QLD Security Firearms Licence Application conditions and eligibility
- QLD resident 18 yrs of age or older and is a fit and proper person
- Are a resident of Qld
- Have not, within the past 5 years, been convicted of a disqualifying offence including misuse of drugs, misuse of weapons, the use or threatened use of violence, or been the subject of a domestic violence protection order
- Have a genuine reason for a licence
- Can demonstrate appropriate training in the safe use of firearms, and have access to secure storage.
For more information: https://www.police.qld.gov.au/programs/weaponsLicensing/default.htm
9. What if I want to work interstate e.g In NSW with a QLD security licence, or I want to work in QLD with an interstate security licence?
- Application Form for a NSW SECURITY LICENCE under the Mutual Recognition Act 1992 and/or Trans-Tasman Mutual Recognition Act 1997
- Application Form and conditions to either transfer to a QLD SECURITY LICENCE by interstate and New Zealand security licence holders; mutual recognition or temporary permit
10. Where are you located and is there parking?
Our Training Room is located at 1/42 Nerang Street Southport (next door and above the Cecil Hotel), which is directly outside the Southport Tram Stop.
Parking: Australia Fair (off Marine Parade) up to 3 hours free and Australia Fair Metro (Cnr Garden & Young Street) up to 2 hours free with applicable hourly rates available here . Alternatively there is all day paid parking on Suter Street Southport (450m from Regal Office) and Hick Street Southport (280m from Regal Office).
11. Is there food available?
We are located in the Southport CBD, which has an abundance of food outlets, alternatively you can bring your own food, and we have a fridge and microwave for your convenience – Tea and Coffee facilities provided.
ABN: 46 176 677 836
ACN: 156 550 613
RTO Number: 32331
Firm Licence: 3539164
TRAINING: Testimonials | Provide First Aid / CPR and Refresh Courses | SITHFAB002 Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) | Armed Robbery Awareness - 4 Hour Course | CII / CIII Security Operations Program Package | CPP20212 Certificate II in Security Operations R3 | CPP30411 CIII in Security Operations R4 | CPP30607 CIII in Investigative Services | QLD funded Programs - Certificate 3 Guarantee | Bodyguard Licence Function Course | Monitoring Licence Function Course | Cash-In-Transit Licence Function Course | Security licence function Refresh Courses | 10618NAT Course in Firearms Safety | Security Firearms Safety Course | Security Weapons Requalification | Security Firearms Safety Course - Cairns QLD | Security Weapons Requalification - Cairns QLD