Are you currently working, or want to work where personally monitoring the safety and security of persons and property using an electronic monitoring device such as a Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) system, a radio or alarm system, premise access/exit is required? If so, then the Monitoring Function Course is a must have for your QLD security options and opportunities.
The Monitoring Function Course is available in the Gold Coast, Brisbane and Cairns with skilled security trainer professionals in CCTV, alarm and premise monitoring experience – security control room for various industries, internal/external premise and locations.
Regal Security and Industry Training RTO No. 32331 is proud of its reputation in the delivery and assessment of nationally recognised programs and courses, for security and/or weapons licence application mandatory training requirements; security licence functions, security (guard) weapons and firearms safety; security function, First Aid / CPR refresher courses and firearms safety requalification to exceed client, student and QLD business and community responsive safety and security confidence and expectations.
Regal Security & Industry Training is a training RTO provider and NOT a CRICOS RTO provider.
CPP30411 CIII in Security Operations Program
Unit of Competency – CPPSEC3020A Monitor security from a control room
Security licence – Monitoring Function
- monitoring and maintaining operational functions of an electronic reporting facility requiring the ability to monitor and maintain a range of electronic security and telecommunications systems,
- receive, interpret and transmit information and determine responses to security incidents and;
- monitoring the security of persons and premises from a control room perspective requiring the ability to effectively operate security systems to monitor activities; and
- co-ordinate appropriate responses to security incidents and organise back-up support to field staff.
- monitor and maintain electronic security systems e.g. back-up procedures to maintain security and integrity of security systems are implemented in accordance with organisational procedures
- process and organise data e.g. data is entered, checked for accuracy and processed in accordance with organisational procedures
- respond to incident e.g. security incidents are assessed on reported information for degree of risk to persons, property and premises
- prepare for operations e.g. security systems are checked for correct operation in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions
- monitor security activities e.g. regular and systematic checks are made with field staff and assistance is organised as required in accordance with organisational procedures
- maintain security systems and information e.g. change of shift procedures are carried out and ensure system and monitoring continuity in accordance with organisational procedures
Click on Course eligibility, enrolment to outcome steps to open/close access to full information!
Course Eligibility and Enrolment
Pre-requisites and Pre-enrolment
- Reading and writing ability (minimum English Grade 10 level) highly recommended.
- Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) checklist completion for learning adjustment and/or support services if required, agreed by the trainer/assessor and student, abiding to privacy and confidentiality standards.
- Program/Course Handbook access for information on trainer/student responsibilities; competency-based VET training and assessment principles and tools; LLN, RPL; refund, review and appeal processes and forms
- QLD security licence application conditions and criteria
Security industry compliance: Training requirement for current QLD security licence holders to apply for Monitoring function.
Identification, Citizenship eligibility documents – Enrolment Form (Part 7)
- Age & Photo I.D: Driver Licence or 18+ Card
- Citizenship status to verify Australia or New Zealand or Australian permanent resident: Medicare Card or Passport
- Support document: EFTPOS Card, residential utilities account e.g power/phone or current QLD security licence
Call to confirm alternate identification and citizenship status documents, if required.
Step 1 - Enrolment & Student Kit Induction
Call, come into the office/training venue at 1/42 Nerang Street, Southport, or complete the Course Enrolment Form online and return to [email protected] and provide your course eligibility documents for verification, course fee receipt and course induction of your blended learning student kit resources and in-course participation:
Course Introduction Kit includes the AQF level III qualification specifications and unit element performance criteria descriptors in the theory (knowledge, skills) and practical demonstrations (task skills) assessment tools meeting the Principles and Rules of Evidence for assessment of security bodyguard officer ‘on-the-job’ competency in the security industry!
- Guide content/links for self-paced study provided in unit element sections to complete:
- Workbook – Theory (knowledge and skills) activities, with ability to include examples of your relevant transferrable workplace key competencies to the security industry licence functions
- Course (task skills and theory) practical case study demonstrations with theory questions to confirm authenticity of student workbook completion and knowledge/skills transfer in a ‘real-life’ CCTV, alarm, fire alarm or premise entry/exit control room case study situation or incident.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) option not available to ensure current security industry regulations competency standards are met; or for RPL program gap-training option only.
Your Student Kit resources will be emailed to you – before you get home!!
Step 2 - Student Kit - Theory and Task skills completion
Download and save your Student Kit resources for self-paced learning
Study full/part time, after work or weekends – whatever suits you best!
Self-paced Learning Support & Guidance: Call 07 5679 0110; email [email protected] or come into the training venue at 1/42 Nerang St, Southport, or for LLN learner support activities aligning to adult learning principles agreed by trainer/student in the pre-enrolment process.
Pre-Study – Introduction Kit – Unit of Competency element performance criteria (knowledge, skills and task skill) descriptors and assessment evidence types to be assessed in Workbook and Course participation.
1. Guide study for Workbook completion reflecting Guide learning and transferrable workplace core skills/knowledge to the security industry with ‘action verb” questions e.g ‘describe’, ‘detail’, ‘explain’, ‘outline’ etc., to reflect your response relevant to a:
- security CCTV, fire/alarm or premise monitoring job opportunity – over the phone or at interview; or
- colleague; supervisor; client; their patrons; support services or bystanders.
2. Submit Workbook for assessment in person, by mail or to [email protected] for timely feedback of 2nd assessment evidence gap activity/s completion, provided by your trainer prior or during course participation, if required.
3. Book your Course for practical (task skills and theory) case study demonstration tasks in a safe learning environment with trainer ‘on-the-ground’ experience to reinforce practical task skills and theory competency. Check FAQ information that may assist you e.g #10 public transport and parking locations for practical course attendance.
We provide a safe learning environment with the ability to learn, practice and demonstrate security skills, knowledge e.g open hand restraints, liquor licenced venue control techniques, bodyguard formations and lots more, with effective interpersonal, communication, security risk assessment and various incident reporting activities for on-the-job readiness to meet legislative and client organisational requirements.
Each students’ pre-enrolment LLN and/or support adjustments, if required for self-paced study time planning and theory workbook completion prior to practical course demonstrations and, if required, 2nd assessment task completion will vary – dependant on work/life balance and commitments and current/recent workplace competency skills transferrable to the security industry validate the required rigour and depth of training duration for competent program/course completion to the program package assessment tool requirements, as detailed in the Regal Security and Industry Training RTO 32331 Training and Assessment Strategy for CPP20212, CPP30411 and CPP30607 program packages.
Step 3 - Assessment Outcome and Evaluation
Certification (training record)
Competent course completion will result in issuance of a Statement of Attainment with unit transcript training record for submission with support documents and fee with the Security Licence Application form at the QLD Office of Fair Trading office for processing.
- Student file administration fee of $20 for original certificate replacement requests will apply.
Course Evaluation Form completion contributes to the Regal Security & Industry Training RTO 32331 Scope of Program/Course resources and delivery/assessment validation process, and for optional inclusion on our Student Testimonial webpage.
Your direct feedback on Google Review is most welcomed!
Fee: $150 or $110.00 if completed as a Statement of Attainment in the CPP20212 CII in Security Operations Program
The Monitoring function in the CPP30411 Program Package is also recognised in the following programs:
- CPP20212 CII in Security Operations Program as a Statement of Attainment
- CII / CIII Security Program Package
- CPP30411 CIII in Security Operations Program, if CPP20212 program already completed
- QLD Certificate 3 Guarantee Program or QLD Certificate 3 Guarantee Boost Program (conditions apply)
ABN: 46 176 677 836
ACN: 156 550 613
RTO Number: 32331
Firm Licence: 3539164
TRAINING: Testimonials | Provide First Aid / CPR and Refresh Courses | SITHFAB002 Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) | Armed Robbery Awareness - 4 Hour Course | CII / CIII Security Operations Program Package | CPP20212 Certificate II in Security Operations R3 | CPP30411 CIII in Security Operations R4 | CPP30607 CIII in Investigative Services | QLD funded Programs - Certificate 3 Guarantee | Bodyguard Licence Function Course | Monitoring Licence Function Course | Cash-In-Transit Licence Function Course | Security licence function Refresh Courses | 10618NAT Course in Firearms Safety | Security Firearms Safety Course | Security Weapons Requalification | Security Firearms Safety Course - Cairns QLD | Security Weapons Requalification - Cairns QLD