SECURITY FIREARMS SAFETY COURSECAIRNS, QLD
This course has been specifically designed to meet the licensing requirements for a QLD Security (Guard) Weapons Licence for QLD Security Armed Cash-in-Transit and Plain Clothes Cash-in-Transit roles. Our instructors in Cairns are security industry professionals with several years experience in the safe handling of firearms.
From 01/07/2020 the QLD Police Weapon Division QLD Security (Guard) Weapons Licence application mandatory training record – Firearms Safety Course, code CPP30411 was superceded to course code CPP31318 for submission within 12 months of issuance under the Weapons Act 1990 (s10A s124) for current QLD security licence holders with Cash-in-Transit function for armed security Cash-in-Transit and Plain Clothes guards/officers.
Regal Security and Industry Training RTO No. 32331 is proud of its reputation in the delivery and assessment of nationally recognised programs and courses since 2010 for security and/or weapons licence application mandatory training requirements; security licence functions, security (guard) weapons and firearms safety; security function, First Aid / CPR refresher courses and firearms safety requalification to exceed client, student and QLD business and community responsive safety and security confidence and expectations.
Regal Security & Industry Training is a training RTO provider and NOT a CRICOS RTO provider
CPP31318 CIII in Security Operations Program (R2) package units:
Course student kit (theory workbook, practical, verbal theory) assessment tools for the following units:
- CPPSEC3114 Control security risk situation using firearms (R1)
- CPPSEC3101 Manage conflict and security risks using negotiation (R2)
- CPPSEC3103 Determine and implement response to security risk situation (R1)
- CPPSEC3102 Maintain operational safety and security of the work environment (R1)
Firearm Category Skill Set units
- CPPSEC3115 Carry, operate and maintain revolvers for security purposes (R1)
- CPPSEC3116 Carry, operate and maintain semi-automatic pistols for security purposes (R2)
- CPPSEC3117 Carry, operate and maintain shotguns for security purposes (R1)
Category C (Shotgun) Category H (Revolver) Category H (Semiauto Pistol) Category E (Ballistic Vest)
- how to maintain, use and store firearms and ammunition and maintain security of environment in accordance with legislative, organisational requirements and context of the current national terrorism threat level
- manage conflict through negotiation and ability to analyse risk factors and intentions of persons to determine response to a security risk situation
- determine when to use a firearm to respond to a life threatening situation
- apply legislative and organisational requirements for maintaining security (guard) firearms licensing requirements; apply correct firearms safety handling skills procedures for selecting, fitting, using and maintaining protective equipment including body armour
- objectives, characteristics and identifying crowded places security issues
- ability to provide warnings and clear directions to a subject using communication which engages minority groups; identify current and potential risk factors and their impact on the security risk situation
- maintaining consistent accuracy when discharging firearm and reacting in a timely manner in the application and termination of force, and evaluating and selecting response options within specified legal and strategic limits.
Click on Course eligibility, enrolment to outcome steps to open/close access to full information!
Course Eligibility and Enrolment
Pre-requisites and Pre-enrolment
- Reading, writing and verbal English (min. Grade 10 level) highly recommended i.e 2-way radio, direct client, colleague, patron communication and report completion to security industry standards.
- Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) pre-enrolment checklist completion for ACSF LLN level 3 gap modification adjustment, or if higher referral to QLD TAFE English language and literacy (TELLS) services or relevant support services for pre-enrolment LLN upskilling, confidentially agreed by trainer and student.
- Program/Course Handbook access for information on trainer/student responsibilities; competency-based VET training and assessment principles and tools; pre-enrolment LLN, RPL; refund, review and appeal processes and forms
- QLD security (Guard) weapon licence application form criteria and conditions; meet the personal eligibility requirements; access to secure weapon storage and provide all supporting documentation
Identification, Citizenship eligibility documents
- Age & Photo I.D: Driver Licence or 18+ Card
- Citizenship status: Medicare card (green)
- Current QLD security licence with Cash-in-Transit licence function
Call 0400 598198 to confirm alternate identification and citizenship status documents, if required.
Step 1 - Enrolment & Student Kit Induction
Your course fee payment can be accepted by phone or invoice payment prior to emailing your course student kit resources for completion.
- Guide content/links for pre-course attendance, self-paced study to complete:
- Workbooks – Theory (knowledge and skills) open/closed question completion for assessment feedback and support, preferrably prior to attending live shooting range on 4th course day
- Course (task skills and theory) practical live shooting range demonstrations with theory questions to confirm authenticity of student workbook completion and knowledge/skills transfer to a ‘real-life’ security situations or incidents.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) option not applicable for firearms safety course certification.
Your Student Kit resources will be emailed to you – before you get home!!
Step 2 - Student Kit - Theory and Task Skills completion
Download and save your Student Kit resources for self-paced learning
Study full/part time, after work or weekends – whatever suits you best!
Self-paced Learning Support & Guidance: Call 0400 598918 or email [email protected] for LLN learner support activities aligning to adult learning principles agreed by trainer/student in the pre-enrolment process.
Appointment booking is required to ensure COVID-19 educational precautionary social distancing safety for all venue staff and students.
- Guide study for Workbook completionof open/closed question types reflecting Guide learning content, with ‘action verb” question responses e.g ‘describe’, ‘detail’, ‘explain’, ‘outline’ etc., to confirm your armed cash-in-transit officer/guard knowledge, skills and task skills competency.
- Submit Workbook for assessment to [email protected] for timely feedback and support of 2nd assessment evidence gap activity/s completion, provided by your qualified weapons instructor prior or during course participation, if required.
- Book 4 day practical (task skills) course for practical demonstrations and theory (knowledge/skills) transfer at a shooting range with emphasis on safe handling of firearms and selecting appropriate response to risk situations. Individual coaching and firearms practice demonstration tasks before safe handling skills and marksmanship task skills are assessed in a safe learning environment with PPE for personal safety.
Suitable clothing– closed-in shoes, confirmable fitting long pants and top recommended for shooting range live fire assessment component.
We provide a safe learning environment with the ability to learn, practice and demonstrate security (guard) firearms safety skills, knowledge and lots more, with effective interpersonal, communication, security risk assessment and various incident reporting activities for on-the-job readiness to meet legislative and client organisational requirements.
Each students’ pre-enrolment LLN and/or support adjustments, if required for self-paced study time planning and theory workbook completion prior to practical course demonstrations and, if required, 2nd assessment task completion will vary – dependant on work/life balance and commitments and current/recent workplace competency skills transferrable to the security industry validate the required rigour and depth of training duration for competent program/course completion to the CPP31318 program package assessment tool requirements, as detailed in the Regal Security and Industry Training RTO 32331 Security Firearms Safety Training and Assessment Strategy.
Step 3 - Assessment Outcome and Evaluation
Certification (training record)
Competent course completion will result in issuance of a Firearms Safety Course – Statement of Attainment training record with unit of competency/s and Weapons Category transcript for submission in the online Security (Guard) Weapons Licence Application form, support documents and fee process.
If also competently completed the Cash-inTransit function course, a Statement of Attainment training record will be issued for QLD security licence upgrade application at the Office of Fair Trading, with upgraded security licence required in the Security (Guard) licence application process.
Student file administration fee of $20 for original certificate replacement requests will apply.
Course Evaluation Form completion contributes to the Regal Security & Industry Training RTO 32331 Scope of Program/Course resources and delivery/assessment validation process, and for optional inclusion on our Student Testimonial webpage.
Your direct feedback on Google Review is most welcomed!
Fee per person: Security Firearms Course $1200, or inclusion of C.I.T function $1350
ABN: 46 176 677 836
ACN: 156 550 613
RTO Number: 32331
Firm Licence: 3539164
TRAINING: Testimonials | Provide First Aid / CPR and Refresh Courses | SITHFAB002 Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) | Armed Robbery Awareness - 4 Hour Course | CPP20218 Certificate II in Security Operations R2 | CPP31318 CIII in Security Operations R4 | CPP30607 CIII in Investigative Services | QLD funded Programs - Certificate 3 Guarantee | CPP31418 CIII in Close Protection Operations | Monitoring Licence Function Course | Cash-In-Transit Licence Function Course | Security licence function Ongoing Training Courses | 10618NAT Course in Firearms Safety | Security Firearms Safety Course | Security Weapons Requalification | Security Firearms Safety Course - Cairns QLD | Security Weapons Requalification - Cairns QLD