Signup to our Newsletter
SECURITY FIREARMS SAFETY COURSECAIRNS, QLD
This course has been specifically designed to meet the licensing requirements for a QLD Security (Guard) Weapons Licence for QLD Security Armed Cash-in-Transit and Plain Clothes Cash-in-Transit roles. Our instructors in Cairns are security industry professionals with several years experience in the safe handling of firearms.
Regal Security and Industry Training RTO No. 32331 is proud of its reputation in the delivery and assessment of nationally recognised programs and courses, for security and/or weapons licence application mandatory training requirements; security licence functions, security (guard) weapons and firearms safety; security function, First Aid / CPR refresher courses and firearms safety requalification to exceed client, student and QLD business and community responsive safety and security confidence and expectations.
Regal Security & Industry Training is a training RTO provider and NOT a CRICOS RTO provider
CPP30411 CIII in Security Operations Program Package
Unit of Competency: CPPSEC3008A Control security risk situation using firearms
The assessment tools for the following units of competency are specific to this course:
CPPSEC3002A Manage conflict through negotiation
CPPSEC3003A Determine response to security risk situation
CPPSEC3007A Maintain security of environment
Weapon Categories: Category C (Shotgun) Category H (Revolver) Category H (Semi-Automatic Pistol) Category E (Body Armour)
- how to maintain, use and store firearms and ammunition in accordance with legislative and organisational requirements
- maintain security of environment
- the ability to analyse risk factors, manage conflict through negotiation and intentions of persons;
- determine response to maintain security of environment or to a security risk situation
- when to use a firearm to respond to a life threatening situation
- apply correct procedures for selecting, fitting, using and maintaining protective equipment including body armour
- demonstrate safe handling skills for use; maintenance of firearms and effective empty hand techniques for firearms retention
- identify current and potential risk factors; their impact on the security risk situation and maintaining firearms licensing requirements
- ability to provide warnings and clear directions to a subject using communication which engages minority groups
- maintaining consistent accuracy when discharging firearm and reacting in a timely manner in the application and termination of force, and evaluating and selecting response options within specified legal and strategic limits.
Click on Course eligibility, enrolment to outcome steps to open/close access to full information!
Course Eligibility and Enrolment
Pre-requisites and Pre-enrolment
- Reading and writing ability (minimum English Grade 10 level) highly recommended.
- Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) checklist completion for learning adjustment and/or support services if required, agreed by the trainer/assessor and student, abiding to privacy and confidentiality standards
- Program/Course Handbook access for information on trainer/student responsibilities; competency-based VET training and assessment principles and tools; LLN, RPL; refund, review and appeal processes and forms
- QLD security (Guard) weapon licence application form criteria and conditions
Identification, Citizenship eligibility documents
- Age & Photo I.D: Driver Licence or 18+ Card
- Citizenship status to verify Australia or New Zealand or Australian permanent resident: Medicare Card or Passport
- Support document: EFTPOS Card, residential utilities account e.g power/phone
- Current QLD security licence with Cash-in-Transit licence function
Call 0400 598198 to confirm alternate identification and citizenship status documents, if required.
Step 1 - Enrolment & Student Kit Induction
Your course fee payment can be accepted by phone or invoice payment prior to emailing your course student kit resources for completion.
Course Introduction Kit includes the AQF level III qualification specifications and unit element performance criteria descriptors in the theory (knowledge, skills) and practical demonstrations (task skills) assessment tools meeting the Principles and Rules of Evidence for assessment to meet QLD security (guard) weapon licence training record requirements for Cash-in-Transit officer ‘on-the-job’ competency in the security industry!
1. Guide content/links for self-paced study provided in unit element sections to complete:
2. Workbook – Theory (knowledge and skills) activities, with ability to include examples of your crowd controller or bodyguard workplace key competencies
3. Course (task skills and theory) practical case study demonstrations with theory questions to confirm authenticity of student workbook completion and knowledge/skills transfer in a ‘real-life’ cash-in-transit situation or incident.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) option does not meet security (guard) firearms safety training record requirements for security (guard) weapon application process.
Your Student Kit resources will be emailed to you – before you get home!!
Step 2 - Student Kit - Theory and Task Skills completion
Download and save your Student Kit resources for self-paced learning
Study full/part time, after work or weekends – whatever suits you best!
Self-paced Learning Support & Guidance: Call 0400 598918 or email [email protected] for LLN learner support activities aligning to adult learning principles agreed by trainer/student in the pre-enrolment process.
Pre-Study – Introduction Kit – Unit of Competency element performance criteria (knowledge, skills and task skill) descriptors and assessment evidence types to be assessed in Workbook and Course participation.
1. Guide study for Workbook completion of open/closed question types reflecting Guide learning content, with ‘action verb” question responses e.g ‘describe’, ‘detail’, ‘explain’, ‘outline’ etc., to confirm your armed cash-in-transit knowledge, skills and task skills competency.
2. Submit Workbook for assessment to [email protected] for timely feedback of 2nd assessment evidence gap activity/s completion, provided by your qualified weapons instructor prior or during course participation, if required.
3. Book 3 day course attendance for practical (task skills) and theory (knowledge/skills) transfer at a shooting range with emphasis on safe handling of firearms and selecting appropriate response to risk situations. Individual coaching and firearms practice demonstration tasks before safe handling skills and marksmanship task skills are assessed in a safe learning environment with PPE for personal safety.
Suitable clothing – closed-in shoes, confirmable fitting long pants and top recommended for shooting range live fire assessment component.
We provide a safe learning environment with the ability to learn, practice and demonstrate security (guard) firearms safety skills, knowledge and lots more, with effective interpersonal, communication, security risk assessment and various incident reporting activities for on-the-job readiness to meet legislative and client organisational requirements.
Each students’ pre-enrolment LLN and/or support adjustments, if required for self-paced study time planning and theory workbook completion prior to practical course demonstrations and, if required, 2nd assessment task completion will vary – dependant on work/life balance and commitments and current/recent workplace competency skills transferrable to the security industry validate the required rigour and depth of training duration for competent program/course completion to the program package assessment tool requirements, as detailed in the Regal Security and Industry Training RTO 32331 Training and Assessment Strategy for CPP20212, CPP30411 and CPP30607 program packages.
Step 3 - Assessment Outcome and Evaluation
Certification (training record)
Competent course completion will result in issuance of a Statement of Attainment training record with unit of competency/s and Weapons Category transcript, for submission in the online Security (Guard) Weapons Licence Application Form, support documents and fee process.
- Student file administration fee of $20 for original certificate replacement requests will apply.
Course Evaluation Form completion contributes to the Regal Security & Industry Training RTO 32331 Scope of Program/Course resources and delivery/assessment validation process, and for optional inclusion on our Student Testimonial webpage.
Your direct feedback on Google Review is most welcomed!
Fee: Call Tom Obah on 0400 598918
ABN: 46 176 677 836
ACN: 156 550 613
RTO Number: 32331
Firm Licence: 3539164
TRAINING: Testimonials | Provide First Aid / CPR and Refresh Courses | SITHFAB002 Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) | Armed Robbery Awareness - 4 Hour Course | CPP20218 Certificate II in Security Operations R3 | CPP31318 CIII in Security Operations R4 | CPP30607 CIII in Investigative Services | QLD funded Programs - Certificate 3 Guarantee | CPP31418 CIII in Close Protection Operations | Monitoring Licence Function Course | Cash-In-Transit Licence Function Course | Security licence function Ongoing Training Courses | 10618NAT Course in Firearms Safety | Security Firearms Safety Course | Security Weapons Requalification | Security Firearms Safety Course - Cairns QLD | Security Weapons Requalification - Cairns QLD