SPECIALISED SECURITY & TRAINING SERVICES
ON THE GOLD COAST, BRISBANE & CAIRNS
07 5679 0110
SECURITY FIREARMS SAFETY COURSE
The course is available on the Gold Coast and to Brisbane and has been specifically designed to meet the licensing requirements for a QLD Security (Guard) Weapons Licence for Security Armed Cash-in-Transit and Plain Clothes Cash-in-Transit roles. Our instructors are security industry professionals with several years experience in the safe handling of firearms.
Regal Security and Industry Training RTO No. 32331 is proud of its reputation in the delivery and assessment of nationally recognised programs and courses, for security and/or weapons licence application mandatory training requirements; security licence functions, security (guard) weapons and firearms safety; security function, First Aid / CPR refresher courses and firearms safety requalification to exceed client, student and QLD business and community responsive safety and security confidence and expectations.
Regal Security & Industry Training is a training RTO provider and NOT a CRICOS RTO provider
CPP30411 CIII in Security Operations Program
Unit of Competency: CPPSEC3008A Control security risk situation using firearms
- Category C – Shotgun
- Category H – Revolver
- Category H – Semi-Automatic Pistol
- Category E – Body Armour
- Determine when to use a firearm to respond to a life threatening situation
- the ability to analyse risk factors and intentions of persons; and
- how to maintain and store firearms and ammunition in accordance with legislative requirements
- apply correct procedures for selecting, fitting, using and maintaining protective equipment including body armour
- demonstrate safe handling skills for use; maintenance of firearms and effective empty hand techniques for firearms retention
- identify current and potential risk factors; their impact on the security risk situation and maintaining firearms licensing requirements
- ability to provide warnings and clear directions to a subject using communication which engages minority groups
- maintaining consistent accuracy when discharging firearm and reacting in a timely manner in the application and termination of force, and evaluating and selecting response options within specified legal and strategic limits.
Click on Course eligibility, enrolment to outcome steps to open/close access to full information!
Course Eligibility and Enrolment
Pre-requisites and Pre-enrolment
- Reading and writing ability (minimum English Grade 10 level) highly recommended.
- Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) checklist completion for learning adjustment and/or support services if required, agreed by the trainer/assessor and student, abiding to privacy and confidentiality standards
- Program/Course Handbook access for information on trainer/student responsibilities; competency-based VET training and assessment principles and tools; LLN, RPL; refund, review and appeal processes and forms
- QLD security (Guard) weapon licence application form criteria and conditions
Identification, Citizenship eligibility documents – Enrolment Form (Part 7)
- Age & Photo I.D: Driver Licence or 18+ Card
- Citizenship status to verify Australia or New Zealand or Australian permanent resident: Medicare Card or Passport
- Support document: EFTPOS Card, residential utilities account e.g power/phone
- Current QLD security licence with Cash-in-Transit licence function
Call to confirm alternate identification and citizenship status documents, if required.
Step 1 - Enrolment & Student Kit Induction
Call, come into the office/training venue at 1/42 Nerang Street, Southport, or complete the Course Enrolment Form online and return to [email protected] and provide your course eligibility documents for verification, course fee receipt and course induction of your blended learning student kit resources and live shooting range participation:
Course Introduction Kit includes the AQF level III qualification specifications and unit element performance criteria descriptors in the theory (knowledge, skills) and practical demonstrations (task skills) assessment tools meeting the Principles and Rules of Evidence for assessment of security crowd controller or V.I.P bodyguard officer ‘on-the-job’ competency in the security industry!
1. Guide content/links for self-paced study provided in unit element sections to complete:
2. Workbook – Theory (knowledge and skills) activities, with ability to include examples of your crowd controller or bodyguard workplace key competencies
3. Course (task skills and theory) practical case study demonstrations with theory questions to confirm authenticity of student workbook completion and knowledge/skills transfer in a ‘real-life’ case study situation or incident.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) option does not meet security (guard) firearms safety training record requirements for security (guard) weapon application process.
Your Student Kit resources will be emailed to you – before you get home!!
Step 2 - Student Kit - Theory and Task Skills completion
Download and save your Student Kit resources for self-paced learning
Study full/part time, after work or weekends – whatever suits you best!
Self-paced Learning Support & Guidance: Call 07 5679 0110; email [email protected] or come into the training venue at 1/42 Nerang St, Southport, or for LLN learner support activities aligning to adult learning principles agreed by trainer/student in the pre-enrolment process.
Pre-Study – Introduction Kit – Unit of Competency element performance criteria (knowledge, skills and task skill) descriptors and assessment evidence types to be assessed in Workbook and Course participation.
1. Guide study for Workbook completion reflecting Guide learning content, diagrams and links
2. Submit Workbook for assessment in person, by mail or to [email protected] for timely feedback of 2nd assessment evidence gap activity/s completion, provided by your trainer prior or during course participation, if required.
3. Book Course attendance for practical (task skills) and theory (underpinning knowledge/skills) transfer at a shooting range with emphasis on safe handling of firearms and selecting appropriate response to risk situations. Individual coaching and firearms practice demonstration tasks before safe handling skills and marksmanship task skills are assessed in a safe learning environment which we provide PPE for personal safety.
Suitable clothing – closed-in shoes, confirmable fitting long pants and top recommended for shooting range live fire assessment component.
Check FAQ information that may assist you e.g #10 public transport or parking locations for your vehicle, if required for practical course attendance.
We provide a safe learning environment with the ability to learn, practice and demonstrate security (guard) firearms safety skills, knowledge and lots more, with effective interpersonal, communication, security risk assessment and various incident reporting activities for on-the-job readiness to meet legislative and client organisational requirements.
Each students’ pre-enrolment LLN and/or support adjustments, if required for self-paced study time planning and theory workbook completion prior to practical course demonstrations and, if required, 2nd assessment task completion will vary – dependant on work/life balance and commitments and current/recent workplace competency skills transferrable to the security industry validate the required rigour and depth of training duration for competent program/course completion to the program package assessment tool requirements, as detailed in the Regal Security and Industry Training RTO 32331 Training and Assessment Strategy for CPP20212, CPP30411 and CPP30607 program packages.
Step 3 - Assessment Outcome and Evaluation
Certification (training record)
Competent course completion will result in issuance of Statement of Attainment training record with the applicable Weapons Category transcript, for submission with the online Security (Guard) Weapons Licence Application Form, support documents and fee for processing.
- Student file administration fee of $20 for original certificate replacement requests will apply.
Course Evaluation Form completion contributes to the Regal Security & Industry Training RTO 32331 Scope of Program/Course resources and delivery/assessment validation process, and for optional inclusion on our Student Testimonial webpage.
Your direct feedback on Google Review is most welcomed!
ABN: 46 176 677 836
ACN: 156 550 613
RTO Number: 32331
Firm Licence: 3539164
TRAINING: Testimonials | Provide First Aid / CPR and Refresh Courses | SITHFAB002 Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) | Armed Robbery Awareness - 4 Hour Course | CII / CIII Security Operations Program Package | CPP20212 Certificate II in Security Operations R3 | CPP30411 CIII in Security Operations R4 | CPP30607 CIII in Investigative Services | Certificate 3 Guarantee | Bodyguard Licence Function Course | Monitoring Licence Function Course | Cash-In-Transit Licence Function Course | Crowd Control / Bodyguard Licence Renewal Courses | 10618NAT Course in Firearms Safety | Security Firearms Safety Course | Security Weapons Requalification