SECURITY LICENCE FUNCTIONONGOING (REFRESH) COURSE
Triennial (3 yearly) security licence – Crowd Control or Bodyguard function ongoing (refresher) courses available with Regal Training, Southport and Regal training providers – book in early to meet your security licence function ongoing training requirements!
Regal Security & Industry Training is a Vocational Education Training (VET) RTO provider and NOT a CRICOS RTO provider
The QLD Office of Fair Trading send via Australia Post licence renewal and ongoing (refresher) training notices reflecting new or prior training date completion – annually for HLTAID001 Provide CPR and 3 yearly revalidation for licenced security officers with crowd control function.
From 21 January 2020 completion of HLTAID006 Provide Advanced First Aid, instead HLTAID003 Provide First Aid as part of their 3 year revalidation is required.
Completion of the security licence function ongoing (refresher) training records (Statement of Attainment) must be provided before the notified ongoing training expiry due date. Failure to do so may result in cancellation of a crowd control or bodyguard licence, resulting in inability to perform these licence functions.
Call us to confirm the UNITS OF COMPETENCY detailed on your licence function renewal notice for completion, which may include:
- CPPSEC3101 Manage conflict and security risks through negotiation
- CPPSEC3121 Control persons using empty hand techniques
- HLTAID006 Provide advanced first aid, which includes HLTAID003 and HLTAID001
Click on Course eligibility, enrolment to outcome steps to open/close access to full information!
Course Eligibility and Enrolment
Pre-requisites and Pre-enrolment:
- Reading, writing and verbal English (min. Grade 10 level) highly recommended i.e 2-way radio, direct client, colleague, patron communication and report completion to security industry standards.
- Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) pre-enrolment checklist completion for ACSF LLN level 3 gap modification adjustment, or if higher referral to QLD TAFE English language and literacy (TELLS) services or relevant support services for pre-enrolment LLN upskilling, confidentially agreed by trainer and student.
- Program/Course Handbook access for information on trainer/student responsibilities; competency-based VET training and assessment principles and tools; LLN, RPL; refund, review and appeal processes and forms
- QLD security licence application conditions and criteria
Security industry compliance: Re-validation refresher training record requirement for QLD security licence/s – Security Crowd Controller and/or Bodyguard function for current QLD security licence holders
Identification, Citizenship eligibility documents – Enrolment Form (Part 7)
- Age & Photo I.D: Driver Licence or 18+ Card
- Citizenship status to verify Australia or New Zealand or Australian permanent resident: Medicare Card or Passport
Call to confirm alternate identification and citizenship status documents, if required.
Step 1 - Enrolment & Student Kit Induction
Call, or attend the Regal Training venue – 1/42 Nerang Street, Southport, to complete the Course Enrolment Form online and return to [email protected] or contact your Regal training provider and provide your course eligibility documents for verification and course fee receipting for your course resources to be provided via email.
- Guide content/links for self-paced study provided in unit element sections to complete:
- Workbook – Theory (knowledge and skills) activities, with ability to include examples of your crowd controller or bodyguard workplace key competencies
- Course (task skills and theory) practical case study demonstrations with theory questions to confirm authenticity of student workbook completion and knowledge/skills transfer in a ‘real-life’ case study situation or incident.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) option not available to ensure current security industry regulations competency standards are met.
Your Student Kit resources will be emailed to you – before you get home!!
Step 2 - Theory and Task skills completion
Download and save your Student Kit resources for self-paced learning
Study full//part time, after work or weekends – whatever suits you best!
Self-paced Learning Support & Guidance: Call 07 5679 0110; email [email protected] or come into the training venue at 1/42 Nerang St, Southport, or your Regal training provider for LLN learner support activities aligning to adult learning principles agreed by trainer/student in the pre-enrolment process.
1. Guide study for Workbook completion reflecting Guide learning and transferrable workplace core skills/knowledge to the security industry with ‘action verb” questions e.g ‘describe’, ‘detail’, ‘explain’, ‘outline’ etc., to reflect your response relevant to a:
- security provider’s client or direct employers workplace agreement and Standard of Procedures (SoP) assignment tasks & responsibilities; or
- colleague; supervisor; client; their patrons; support services or bystanders.
2. Submit Workbook for assessment in person, by mail or to [email protected] or to your Regal training provider for timely feedback of 2nd assessment evidence gap activity/s completion, provided by your trainer prior or during course participation, if required.
3. Book your 2 x Course dates for practical (task skills and theory) various case study demonstration tasks – Day 1: Provide First Aid/CPR; Day 2 Provide Advanced First Aid and Crowd Control function in a safe learning environment with trainer ‘on-the-ground’ experience to reinforce practical task skills and theory competency. Check FAQ information that may assist you e.g #10 Regal training, Southport public transport and parking locations for practical course attendance.
Regal Training and providers ensure a safe learning environment with the ability to learn, practice and demonstrate security skills, knowledge e.g open hand restraints, liquor licenced venue control techniques, bodyguard formations and lots more, with effective interpersonal, communication, security risk assessment and various incident reporting activities for on-the-job readiness to meet legislative and client organisational reguirements.
Each students’ pre-enrolment LLN and/or support adjustments, if required for self-paced study time planning and theory workbook completion prior to practical course demonstrations and, if required, 2nd assessment task completion will vary – dependant on work/life balance and commitments and current/recent workplace competency skills transferrable to the security industry validate the required rigour and depth of training duration for competent program/course completion to the program package assessment tool requirements, as detailed in the Regal Security and Industry Training RTO 32331 CPP31318 Training and Assessment Strategy.
Step 3 - Assessment Outcome and Evaluation
Competent course completion will result in issuance of 2 x Statement of Attainments with licence function unit/s transcript training record for submission with support documents and fee with the Security Licence Application form at the QLD Office of Fair Trading office for processing.
- Student file administration fee of $20 for original certificate replacement requests will apply.
Course Evaluation Form completion contributes to the Regal Security & Industry Training RTO 32331 Scope of Program/Course resources and delivery/assessment validation process, and for optional inclusion on our Student Testimonial webpage.
Your direct feedback on Google Review is most welcomed!
Fee: Regal Training, Southport – $450 combined (normally $600) for all 3 units.
Regal training provider program fee is confirmed on candidate initial contact.
Certegy Ezi-Pay humm course fee repayment plan eligibility and application completion on appointment at Regal Training, 1/42 Nerang Street, Southport, if required.
ABN: 46 176 677 836
ACN: 156 550 613
RTO Number: 32331
Firm Licence: 3539164
TRAINING: Testimonials | Provide First Aid / CPR and Refresh Courses | SITHFAB002 Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) | Armed Robbery Awareness - 4 Hour Course | CPP20218 Certificate II in Security Operations R3 | CPP31318 CIII in Security Operations R4 | CPP30607 CIII in Investigative Services | QLD funded Programs - Certificate 3 Guarantee | CPP31418 CIII in Close Protection Operations | Monitoring Licence Function Course | Cash-In-Transit Licence Function Course | Security licence function Ongoing Training Courses | 10618NAT Course in Firearms Safety | Security Firearms Safety Course | Security Weapons Requalification | Security Firearms Safety Course - Cairns QLD | Security Weapons Requalification - Cairns QLD