SPECIALISED SECURITY & TRAINING SERVICES
ON THE GOLD COAST, BRISBANE & CAIRNS
07 5679 0110
SITHFAB002 PROVIDE RESPONSIBLE
SERVICE OF ALCOHOL (RSA)
On 1 February 2009 Queensland Office of Liquor and Gaming Regulation (OLGR) in response to the mandatory training requirements of the Liquor and Other Acts Amendment Act 2008 require proof of completion of Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) training for all liqour licence staff, including security crowd controller officers.
Regal Security and Industry Training RTO No. 32331 is proud of its reputation in the delivery and assessment of nationally recognised programs and courses, for security and/or weapons licence application mandatory training requirements; security licence functions, security (guard) weapons and firearms safety; security function, First Aid / CPR refresher courses and firearms safety requalification to exceed client, student and QLD business and community responsive safety and security confidence and expectations.
Approved by the QLD OLGR for the delivery and assessment and Statement of Attainment certification recognised as a core unit in the SIT30716 Certificate III in Hospitality (R1) program in the nationally endorsed SIT – Tourism, Travel and Hospitality Package (R1.2). Our highly trained industry trainer professionals give our course a whole lot more substance and hands-on experience.
Regal Security & Industry Training is a training RTO provider and NOT a CRICOS RTO provider.
Provide Responsible Service of Alcohol – RSA
Security licence – Static – Unarmed Security Officer and Crowd Control function
Hospitality industry employees
Unit of Competency:
SITHFAB002 Provide responsible service of alcohol
- applies to all levels of sales personnel involved in the sale, service and promotional service of alcohol in licensed premises;
- selling or serving alcohol may include food and beverage attendants; packaged liquor sales persons selling in person, over the phone or online; winery, brewery and distillery cellar door staff; and supplier sales representatives; and the
- liquor licenced licensee who is ultimately responsible for responsible service of alcohol (RSA) management.
This course is mandatory for Security Crowd Control Officers’ skills and knowledge competency in
- liquor service, management and skilled in the need to apply discretion and judgement
- monitoring customer behaviour for person; and
- premise security and safety at liquor licenced premises and events.
Course Outcome – Knowledge, Skills & Task Skills
- Sell or service alcohol responsibly
- Assist customers to drink within appropriate limits
- Assess alcohol affected customers and identify those to whom sale or service must be refused
- Refuse to provide alcohol
Click on Course eligibility, enrolment to outcome steps to open/close access to full information!
Course Eligibility and Enrolment
Pre-requisites and Pre-enrolment:
- Reading and writing ability (minimum English Grade 10 level) highly recommended.
- Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) checklist completion for learning adjustment and/or support services if required, agreed by the trainer/assessor and student, abiding to privacy and confidentiality standards.
- Program/Course Handbook access for information on trainer/student responsibilities; competency-based VET training and assessment principles and tools; LLN, RPL; refund, review and appeal processes and forms
Security industry and QLD OLGR compliance: Security crowd controllers must complete RSA certification under the QLD Liquor Licence Act to work in liquor licenced in/outdoor premises and venues.
Identification, Citizenship eligibility documents – Enrolment Form (Part 7)
- Age & Photo I.D: Driver Licence or 18+ Card
- Citizenship status to verify Australia or New Zealand or Australian permanent resident: Medicare Card or Passport
- Support document: EFTPOS Card, residential utilities account e.g power/phone or current QLD security licence
Call to confirm alternate identification and citizenship status documents, if required.
Step 1 - Enrolment & Student Kit Induction
Call, come into the office/training venue at 1/42 Nerang Street, Southport, or complete the Course Enrolment Form online and return to [email protected] and provide your course eligibility documents for verification, course fee receipt and course induction of your blended learning student kit resources and in-course participation:
Course Introduction Kit includes the AQF level III qualification specifications and unit element performance criteria descriptors in the theory (knowledge, skills) and practical demonstrations (task skills) assessment tools meeting the Principles and Rules of Evidence for assessment of security bodyguard officer ‘on-the-job’ competency in the security industry!
- Guide content/links for self-paced study provided in unit element sections to complete:
- Workbook – Theory (knowledge and skills) activities,
- Course (task skills and theory) practical case study demonstrations with theory questions to confirm authenticity of student workbook completion and knowledge/skills transfer in a ‘real-life’ case study situation in a liquor licenced premise.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) option not available to meet course evidence guide requirements; or for RPL program gap-training option only.
Your Student Kit resources will be emailed to you – before you get home!!
Step 2 - Student Kit - Theory and Task skills completion
Download and save your Student Kit resources for self-paced learning
Study full//part time, after work or weekends – whatever suits you best!
Self-paced Learning Support & Guidance: Call 07 5679 0110; email [email protected] or come into the training venue at 1/42 Nerang St, Southport, or for LLN learner support activities aligning to adult learning principles agreed by trainer/student in the pre-enrolment process.
Pre-Study – Introduction Kit – Unit of Competency element performance criteria (knowledge, skills and task skill) descriptors and assessment evidence types to be assessed in Workbook and Course participation.
1. Guide study for Workbook completion reflecting Guide learning and transferrable workplace core skills/knowledge to the security industry with ‘action verb” questions e.g ‘describe’, ‘detail’, ‘explain’, ‘outline’ etc., to reflect your response relevant to a:
- hospitality or security crowd controller job opportunity – over the phone or at interview; or
- colleague; supervisor; licencee, client; their patrons; support services or bystanders.
2. Submit Workbook for assessment in person, by mail or to [email protected] for timely feedback of 2nd assessment evidence gap activity/s completion, provided by your trainer prior or during course participation, if required.
3. Course attendance for practical (task skills and theory) case study demonstration tasks in a safe learning environment with hospitality, festival and major event security crowd controller qualified TAE trainers sharing ‘on-the-ground’ experience to reinforce practical task skills and theory competency. Check FAQ information that may assist you e.g #10 public transport and parking locations for practical course attendance.
We provide a safe learning environment with the ability to learn, practice and demonstrate responsible liquor service, skills and knowledge e.g open hand restraints, liquor licenced venue control techniques with effective interpersonal, communication, security risk assessment and various incident reporting activities for on-the-job readiness to meet legislative and client organisational reguirements.
Each students’ pre-enrolment LLN and/or support adjustments, if required for self-paced study time planning and theory workbook completion prior to practical course demonstrations and, if required, 2nd assessment task completion will vary – dependant on work/life balance and commitments and current/recent workplace competency skills transferrable to the security industry validate the required rigour and depth of training duration for competent program/course completion to the program package assessment tool requirements, as detailed in the Regal Security and Industry Training RTO 32331 Training and Assessment Strategy for CPP20212, CPP30411 and CPP30607 program packages.
The Provide Responsible Service of Alcohol course is a component in the CPP20212 and CPP30411 programs to meet security crowd controller RSA certification compliance.
Step 3 - Assessment Outcome and Evaluation
Certification (training record)
Competent course completion will result in issuance of a Statement of Attainment to confirm RSA certification competency.
- Student file administration fee of $20 for original certificate replacement requests will apply.
Course Evaluation Form completion contributes to the Regal Security & Industry Training RTO 32331 Scope of Program/Course resources and delivery/assessment validation process, and for optional inclusion on our Student Testimonial webpage.
Your direct feedback on Google Review is most welcomed!
The RSA Course is included in the following programs, if required:
- CPP20212 CII in Security Operations Program as a Statement of Attainment
- CII / CIII Security Program Package as a Statement of Attainment
- CPP30411 CIII in Security Operations Program, if not completed in CPP20212 program
- QLD Certificate 3 Guarantee Program or QLD Certificate 3 Guarantee Boost Program (conditions apply) as a Statement of Attainment
ABN: 46 176 677 836
ACN: 156 550 613
RTO Number: 32331
Firm Licence: 3539164
TRAINING: Testimonials | Provide First Aid / CPR and Refresh Courses | SITHFAB002 Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) | Armed Robbery Awareness - 4 Hour Course | CII / CIII Security Operations Program Package | CPP20212 Certificate II in Security Operations R3 | CPP30411 CIII in Security Operations R4 | CPP30607 CIII in Investigative Services | Certificate 3 Guarantee | Bodyguard Licence Function Course | Monitoring Licence Function Course | Cash-In-Transit Licence Function Course | Crowd Control / Bodyguard Licence Renewal Courses | 10618NAT Course in Firearms Safety | Security Firearms Safety Course | Security Weapons Requalification