PROVIDE FIRST AID and CPR COURSES
Give yourself the confidence to save lives by learning from the best in the industry – whether it’s for work or personal development our course will give you everything you need to confidently apply first aid to anyone in need.
We take First Aid and CPR training very seriously and so should you – being why we ensure all Regal Training students complete the Course knowing they have the skills, knowledge and practiced vital techniques to help save a life – or their own.
HLTAID003 PROVIDE FIRST AID (R6)
HLTAID001 PROVIDE CARDIOPULMONARY RESUSCITATION CPR (R5)
Our First Aid and CPR courses content are current to the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines in each stage of the DRSABCD process, with courses available in the Gold Coast, Brisbane and Cairns with highly trained industry professionals giving lots more substance and hands-on experience.
Regal Security and Industry Training RTO No. 32331 is proud of its reputation in the delivery and assessment of nationally recognised programs, courses, including QLD security or weapons licence application training requirements and refresher courses; First Aid/CPR and Robbery Awareness to exceed client, student and QLD business and community response safety and security confidence and expectations.
Regal Security & Industry Training is a training RTO provider and NOT a CRICOS RTO provider
HLT Training Package (R4.1)
Unit of Competency – HLTAID003 Provide First Aid (R6) and HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (R5) – CPR
Security licence – Unarmed Security Officer function
Overview: HLTAID003 Provide First Aid
- Applies to all workers who may be required to provide a first aid response in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings.
- CPR procedures on adult and infant resuscitation manikins in line with ARC Guidelines
- adrenaline auto-injector training device
- AED training device
- placebo bronchodilator and spacer device
- roller bandages
- triangular bandages
- workplace First Aid kit
- workplace injury, trauma and/or illness record, or other appropriate workplace incident report form for written reports
- wound dressings
Overview: HLTAID001 Provide CPR
- Applies to all workers who may be required to provide CPR, in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings.
- adult and infant resuscitation manikins in line with ARC Guidelines for the purpose of assessment of CPR procedures
- AED training device
- workplace injury, trauma and/or illness record, or other appropriate workplace incident report form
Click on Course eligibility, enrolment to outcome steps to open/close access to full information!
Course Eligibility and Enrolment
Pre-requisites and Pre-enrolment
- Reading and writing ability (minimum English Grade 10 level) highly recommended. Prior study not required
- Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) checklist completion for learning adjustment and/or support services if required, agreed by the trainer/assessor and student, abiding to privacy and confidentiality standards.
- Program/Course Handbook access for information on trainer/student responsibilities; competency-based VET training and assessment principles and tools; LLN, RPL; refund, review and appeal processes and forms
All Industry sector workplaces: QLD WHS Act 2011 provides a framework to protect the health, safety and welfare of all workers at work and of all other people who may be affected by the work.
Security industry – QLD security licence application training requirement. QLD security licence holders must complete First Aid Course every 3 years and CPR Course every 12 months from date of their QLD security licence issuance to meet licence currency regulations.
Identification, Citizenship eligibility documents – Enrolment Form (Part 7)
- Age & Photo I.D: Driver Licence or 18+ Card
- Citizenship status to verify Australia or New Zealand or Australian permanent resident: Medicare Card or Passport
- Support document: EFTPOS Card, residential utilities account e.g power/phone or current QLD security licence
Call to confirm alternate identification and citizenship status documents, if required.
Step 1 - Enrolment & Student Kit Induction
Call, come into the office/training venue at 1/42 Nerang Street, Southport, or complete the Course Enrolment Form online and return to [email protected] and provide your course eligibility documents for verification, course fee receipt and course induction of your blended learning student kit resources and in-course participation:
Course Introduction Kit includes the AQF level III qualification specifications and unit element performance criteria descriptors in the theory (knowledge, skills) and practical demonstrations (task skills) assessment tools meeting the Principles and Rules of Evidence for assessment of security bodyguard officer ‘on-the-job’ competency in the security industry!
- Guide/s content/links for self-paced study provided in unit element sections to complete:
- Workbook – Theory (knowledge and skills) activities, with ability to include examples of your relevant transferrable first aid/CPR workplace key competencies to security industry licence functions
- Course (task skills and theory) practical case study demonstrations with theory questions to confirm authenticity of student workbook completion and knowledge/skills transfer to ‘real-life’ first aid and CPR incidents.
Your Student Kit resources will be emailed to you – before you get home!!
Step 2 - Student Kit - Theory and Task skills completion
Download and save your Student Kit resources for self-paced learning
Study full/part time, after work or weekends – whatever suits you best!
Self-paced Learning Support & Guidance: Call 07 5679 0110; email [email protected] or come into the training venue at 1/42 Nerang St, Southport, or for LLN learner support activities aligning to adult learning principles agreed by trainer/student in the pre-enrolment process.
Enrol in the Course that meets your needs!
Provide First Aid and CPR Course: 1 day interactive course to transfer and apply theory Workbook skills and knowledge; learn, apply and demonstrate effective first aid equipment, techniques and treatment in a safe learning environment. Course content includes:
- Legal, cultural and other issues of First Aid;
- Basic Life Support (DRSABCD);
- CPR and AED;
- First Aid Emergency Signs, Symptoms and Treatment for: Shock Management; Airway Management – Asthma, Choking, Severe Allergic Reaction, Hyperventilation; Cardiac Emergencies; Bleeding and Wound Care; Burns and Scalds; Extremes of Heat and Cold; Musculoskeletal Injuries; Altered Conscious States; Poisons; Bites and Stings
Provide CPR Course: 4 hour interactive course being the CPR component in the First Aid and CPR Course – focussing on important and up-to-date Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation techniques and guidelines in a fun and easy to understand way – a must-do for anyone!
Provide CPR Course for security licence refresh: 4 hour interactive course, comprising of theory, with written and practical demonstration assessment.
Let’s get Started!
Pre-Study – The Introduction Kit provides the AQF qualification training package – Unit/s of Competency Element Performance Criteria (knowledge, skills and task skill) descriptors and assessment evidence types to be assessed in Workbook and Course participation; volume of learning and QLD security/weapons licence application – criteria and conditions.
1. Self-paced Learning – Study the Guide section content reflecting the D.R.S.A.B.C.D life flow cycle procedures and process, and First Aid Emergency Signs, Symptoms & Treatment Guide for:
2. Workbook Completion reflecting Guide/s learning content and transferrable first aid and CPR skills/knowledge, if applicable by responding to ‘action verb” questions e.g ‘describe’, ‘detail’, ‘explain’, ‘outline’ etc., to reflect your response to a :
- friend, family member or a work colleague; supervisor; client; their patrons; support services or bystanders
- during a employment opportunity – over the phone or at interview
3. Submit completed Workbook for assessment to [email protected] for timely feedback of 2nd assessment evidence gap activity/s completion, provided by your trainer prior or during course participation, if required.
4. Book your Course date for practical (Task Skills and Theory) case study demonstration tasks in a safe learning environment with trainer ‘on-the-ground’ experience to reinforce practical task skills and theory competency with:
- Reflective knowledge and skills (theory) discussions prior to written quiz response completion, first aid/CPR video and practical (task skills) – role plays, practical techniques application; CPR and AED demonstration
- Actual first aid incident ‘on-the-job’ and ‘at home’ first response experiences shared by qualified security professional trainers
- Trainer-led interactive student participation, with first aid/CPR technique support to ensure student confidence of correct procedures and DRSABCD first response or first aid support abilities.
Check FAQ information that may assist you e.g #10 public transport and parking locations for practical course attendance.
Each students’ pre-enrolment LLN and/or support adjustments, if required for self-paced study time planning and theory workbook completion prior to practical course demonstrations and, if required, 2nd assessment task completion will vary – dependant on work/life balance and commitments and current/recent workplace competency skills transferrable to the security industry validate the required rigour and depth of training duration for competent program/course completion to the program package assessment tool requirements, as detailed in the Regal Security and Industry Training RTO 32331 Training and Assessment Strategy for CPP20212, CPP30411 and CPP30607 program packages.
Step 3 - Assessment, Outcome and Evaluation
Certification (training record)
Competent course completion will result in issuance of a Statement of Attainment with unit transcript training record for HLTAID003 Provide First Aid and/or HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Submit with the Security Licence Application form, relevant support documents and fee at the QLD Office of Fair Trading office
- Student file administration fee of $20 for original certificate replacement requests will apply.
Course Evaluation Form completion contributes to the Regal Security & Industry Training RTO 32331 Scope of Program/Course resources and delivery/assessment validation process, and for optional inclusion on our Student Testimonial webpage.
Your direct feedback on Google Review is most welcomed!
Fees: Provide First Aid and CPR – $150 Provide CPR – $150 CPR – Annual Refresher – $75
The Provide First Aid and CPR core unit of competency/s in CPP Program Packages is recognised in the following programs:
- CPP20212 CII in Security Operations Program as a Statement of Attainment
- CII / CIII Security Program Package
- CPP30411 CIII in Security Operations Program, if already completed
- QLD Certificate 3 Guarantee Program or QLD Certificate 3 Guarantee Boost Program (conditions apply)
Note: HLTAID003 Provide First Aid Release 6 is current from 06/08/2015; superseding HLTFA311A – Apply first aid 30/06/2013 identified as a core unit in the CPP20212 CII in Security Operations Program Package. HLTAID001 Provide CPR Release 5 is current from 06/08/2015.
Call 07 5679 0110 Today!
ABN: 46 176 677 836
ACN: 156 550 613
RTO Number: 32331
Firm Licence: 3539164
TRAINING: Testimonials | Provide First Aid / CPR and Refresh Courses | SITHFAB002 Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) | Armed Robbery Awareness - 4 Hour Course | CII / CIII Security Operations Program Package | CPP20212 Certificate II in Security Operations R3 | CPP30411 CIII in Security Operations R4 | CPP30607 CIII in Investigative Services | QLD funded Programs - Certificate 3 Guarantee | Bodyguard Licence Function Course | Monitoring Licence Function Course | Cash-In-Transit Licence Function Course | Security licence function Refresh Courses | 10618NAT Course in Firearms Safety | Security Firearms Safety Course | Security Weapons Requalification | Security Firearms Safety Course - Cairns QLD | Security Weapons Requalification - Cairns QLD