CII IN SECURITY OPERATIONS R2
QLD Security Licence – Dual-function mandatory training for
Unarmed Security Officer & Security Crowd Controller
Be ready to apply your people skills and security industry knowledge, skills and task skills for a wide range of business with professional security trainers sharing their insight and ‘on-the-ground’ experiences! Be trained by the best security provider and RTO on the Gold Coast!
Regal Security and Industry Training RTO is an influential Gold Coast owned and operated security training and security services provider with over 23 years’ security industry experience and a proud reputation in the delivery and assessment of nationally recognised programs, courses, for security and/or weapons licence application mandatory training requirements; security licence functions, security (guard) weapons and firearms safety; security function, First Aid / CPR refresher courses and firearms safety requalification to exceed client, student and QLD business and community responsive safety and security confidence and expectations.
QLD Government funded Certificate 3 Guarantee / Boost (security program) RTO provider since 2016 with a professional security training network in the Gold Coast to Brisbane and Cairns.
Live in QLD and want to join the Security industry?
Check your eligibility to complete your security industry entry level CPP20218 program via Certificate 3 Guarantee or Boost program!
Regal Security & Industry Training is a training RTO provider and NOT a CRICOS RTO provider
QLD SECURITY licence functions for CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Security Officer: unarmed guard & crowd controller
Plus! First Aid/CPR & RSA
The security industry is rapidly growing and evolving to exceed security and safety of persons and premise expectations and needs on the Gold Coast, Brisbane, regional and rural locations anywhere in Queensland for:
Security Officers with a solid understanding and demonstration of security skills, knowledge and interpersonal communication techniques and Crowd Control Officers provide competent safety and security for a wide range of:
- Industry Sectors and Premises: Retail, Public Transport, Hospitality, Education, Sport and Recreational, Health, Mining, Energy, Banking, Commercial, Construction, Aviation, Government
- Crowd Control – Industry & Liquor licenced Premises/Venues: Night Clubs, Bars, Sports, In/Outdoor & Private Events & Festivals
CPP20218 CII in Security Operations Program (R2) – 14 x Units of Competency Listing for:
Security licence functions: Security officer – unarmed guard & crowd controller
HLTAID003 Provide First Aid and HLTAID001 Provide CPR Course
HLTAID003 Provide First Aid and HLTAID001 Provide CPR certification and refresher training is mandatory for QLD security licence holders to provide effective first aid and CPR response in community and workplace settings.
SITHFAB002 Provide Responsible Service of Alcohol Course – RSA
SITHFAB002 Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) is a mandatory QLD OLGR Liquor certification requirement for Liquor Licencees, their employees and Security Crowd Control Officers on premises and at permitted events. Inclusion of RSA training ensures our Program graduates comply to provide security crowd control duties in liquor licenced premises and events.
Click to open/close each program eligibility, enrolment and blended learning participation steps!
Program Eligibility and Enrolment
Pre-requisites and Pre-enrolment
- English writing, reading and speech ability (minimum English Grade 10 level) highly recommended.
- Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) pre-enrolment checklist completion for learning adjustment and/or support services if required, agreed by trainer/assessor and student, abiding to privacy and confidentiality standards.
- Program/Course Handbook access for information on trainer/student responsibilities; competency-based VET training and assessment principles and tools; LLN, RPL; refund, review and appeal processes and forms
- QLD security licence application conditions and criteria
Security industry, First Aid/CPR & QLD OLGR compliance: Training records requirement: QLD security licence application for security officer: unarmed guard and crowd control licence functions. Mandatory: Provide Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) Statement of Attainment certification for security tasks and responsibilities in liquor licenced venues and premises.
Identification, Citizenship eligibility documents – Enrolment Form
- Age & Photo I.D: Current Driver Licence or 18+ Card
- Citizenship status: Passport or Medicare Card (green) to verify Australia, New Zealand or Australian permanent resident status
Call to confirm alternate identification and citizenship status documents, if required.
Step 1 - Enrolment & Student Kit Induction
Complete the Program Enrolment Form online – return to [email protected] or welcome to complete with program eligibility documents for verification, program fee receipting, induction and training plan at the Regal Training office/training venue: 1/42 Nerang Street, Southport, Gold Coast, or with your Regal training provider.
Blended learning unit/s assessment tools: Theory (pre-course transferrable & underpinning knowledge/skills) and Practical (in-course task skills) are clustered to acknowledge holistic student participation and timely assessment processes to meet AQF Rules / Principles of Evidence to confirm security functions on-the-job competency.
Student Kit resources
Induction – Introduction Kit: provided post-enrolment of program resources description, AQF level II qualification specifications, unit/s element performance criteria descriptors aligning to assessment tools activities; review/appeal process.
- Guide content/links for self-paced study – home-based or venue study sessions (per training plan)
- Workbook – Theory (knowledge and skills) open/closed question type (clustered units) responses:
- Security industry Standard of Procedures (SoP) workplace policy and procedures
- Theory and case scenarios, with ability to include examples of relevant transferrable current/recent workplace core skills/knowledge to on-the-job functions
- Practical (task skills and theory) courses (S.T.A.R) case studies descriptions for pre-course participation reading.
- Theory knowledge/skills question responses validating authenticity of workbook completion incorporated in various ‘real-life’ security industry workplace and risk/conflict incident management and reporting.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) Call to confirm RPL pathway suitability in the RPL initial competency conversation with your trainer to confirm ability to provide relevant RPL Kit support documents to the program assessment tools and gap-training options.
Your Student Kit resources will be emailed to you – before you get home!!
Step 2 - Student Kit - Theory and Task skills completion
Download and save your Student Kit resources for self-paced learning
Study full//part time, after work or weekends – whatever suits you best!
Self-paced learning support & guidance: Call 07 5679 0110; email [email protected] or attend your training venue (per training plan) or LLN learner support activities aligning to adult learning principles agreed by trainer/student in the pre-enrolment process.
Pre-Study – Introduction Kit – Unit of Competency element performance criteria (knowledge, skills and task skill) descriptors and assessment evidence types for pre-course workbook completion and in-course assignment participation.
1. Guide study for Workbook theory questions completion reflecting Guide learning and transferrable workplace core skills/knowledge for ‘action verb” questions e.g ‘describe’, ‘detail’, ‘explain’, ‘outline’ etc., to reflect your response relevant to a:
- security officer – guard and crowd controller job opportunity: over the phone or at interview; or to a colleague; supervisor; client; patrons; support services or bystanders, and security report/forms completion
- first respondent to a first aid/CPR incident: casualty, bystanders, colleague; supervisor; support services
2. Submit Workbook for assessment in person, by mail or to [email protected] for timely feedback of 2nd assessment evidence gap activity/s completion, if required, confirmed with your trainer/assessor.
3. Attend security and first aid/CPR Courses (per training plan) for practical (task skills and theory) case study demonstration tasks in a safe learning environment with TAE qualified trainer with indepth security ‘on-the-ground’ experience to reinforce practical task skills and theory competency. Check FAQ information that may assist you e.g #10 public transport and parking locations for practical course attendance.
We provide a safe learning environment with the ability to learn, practice and demonstrate security skills, knowledge e.g open hand restraints, liquor licenced venue control techniques, bodyguard formations and lots more, with effective interpersonal, communication, security risk assessment and various incident reporting activities for on-the-job readiness to meet legislative and client organisational reguirements.
Each students’ pre-enrolment LLN, Induction LNA results, training plan key milestones, self-paced study time planning and, if required, 2nd assessment task completion will vary dependant on work/life balance and commitments validating the required rigour and depth of training duration for competent program/course completion to the program package assessment tool requirements, as detailed in Regal Security and Industry Training RTO 32331 CPP CII and CIII Training and Assessment Strategies.
Step 3 - Assessment Outcome and Evaluation
Certification – training records
Competent program packagecomponent – theory and practical assessment tasks completion will result in issuance of:
- CPP20218 CII in Security Operations qualification with unit of competency transcript as evidence of mandatory training completed for security licence functions: Unarmed Security Officer and Crowd Control
- Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) Statement of Attainment certification
- HLTAID003 Provide First Aid and HLTAID001 Provider CPR Statement of Attainment certification
A Statement of Attainment for units competently completed will be provided in lieu of full CPP20212 qualification, if applicable which will impact on ability to meet a Security licence – function training requirements.
- Student file administration fee of $20 for original certificate replacement requests will apply.
In-Course Evaluation Form completion contributes to the Regal Security & Industry Training RTO 32331 Scope of Program/Course resources and delivery/assessment validation process, and for optional inclusion on our Student Testimonial webpage.
Your direct feedback on Google Review is most welcomed!
Fee: Program – $1200 RPL – $1000
Certegy Humm program fee repayment plan applications available at Regal Training, Head Office, Southport.
Note: HLTAID003 Provide First Aid Release 6 is current from 06/08/2015 and supersedes HLTFA311A – Apply first aid 30/06/2013 identified as a core unit in the CPP20218 CII in Security Operations Program Package. HLTAID001 Provide CPR Release 5 is current from 06/08/2015
ABN: 46 176 677 836
ACN: 156 550 613
RTO Number: 32331
Firm Licence: 3539164
TRAINING: Testimonials | Provide First Aid / CPR and Refresh Courses | SITHFAB002 Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) | Armed Robbery Awareness - 4 Hour Course | CII / CIII Security Operations Program Package | CPP20212 Certificate II in Security Operations R3 | CPP30411 CIII in Security Operations R4 | CPP30607 CIII in Investigative Services | QLD funded Programs - Certificate 3 Guarantee | Bodyguard Licence Function Course | Monitoring Licence Function Course | Cash-In-Transit Licence Function Course | Security licence function Refresh Courses | 10618NAT Course in Firearms Safety | Security Firearms Safety Course | Security Weapons Requalification | Security Firearms Safety Course - Cairns QLD | Security Weapons Requalification - Cairns QLD