CII IN SECURITY OPERATIONS R2
Dual security function mandatory training
for new QLD security licence applicants
Unarmed Security Officer & Security Crowd Controller
Apply your people skills for safety and security for a wide range of QLD business premises, goods, services and events – patrons, visitors and community members with competent, professional & friendly security industry knowledge, skills and task skills for your own and others safety and security confidence and expectations.
Regal Security and Industry Training is an influential Gold Coast owned and operated security services provider on the Gold Coast since 2010 with a proud reputation in the delivery and assessment of RTO 32331 security licence, nationally recognised programs, courses, including QLD firearms safety courses and QLD funded Certificate 3 Guarantee security programs since 2016 with a network of Regal training provider TAE qualified, experienced professionals sharing their insight and ‘on-the-ground’ savvy with over 23 years’ security industry experience.
Start your security career, confident and competent – now!
Queensland Government Funded CPP20218 Security Program
Call 07 56790110 to check your QLD funded Certificate 3 Guarantee CPP20218 program eligibility
Concessional fee $50 or Non-concessional $15
Regal Security & Industry Training is a Vocational Education Training (VET) RTO provider and NOT a CRICOS RTO provider
QLD SECURITY CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
The security industry is rapidly growing and evolving to exceed security and safety of persons and premise expectations and needs on the Gold Coast, Brisbane, regional and rural locations anywhere in Queensland for: Security Officers with a solid understanding and demonstration of security skills, knowledge and interpersonal communication techniques and Crowd Control Officers provide competent safety and security for a wide range of:
- Industry Sectors and Premises: Retail, Public Transport, Hospitality, Education, Sport and Recreational, Health, Mining, Energy, Banking, Commercial, Construction, Aviation, Government
- Crowd Control – liquor licenced premises/venues; Night Clubs, Bars, Sports, In/Outdoor & Private Events & Festivals and more…
CPP20218 CII in Security Operations Program (R2) Package components:
1. CPP20218 14 x Units of Competency Listing plus:
2. HLTAID003 Provide First Aid and HLTAID001 Provide CPR Course
- HLTAID003 Provide First Aid and HLTAID001 Provide CPR certification and refresher training is mandatory for QLD security licence holders to provide effective first aid and CPR response in community and workplace settings.
3. SITHFAB002 Provide Responsible Service of Alcohol Course – RSA (fee-free)
- Mandatory QLD OLGR Liquor certification requirement for Liquor Licencees, their employees and security crowd control cfficers on premises and at permitted events. Inclusion of RSA training ensures our Program graduates comply to provide security crowd control duties in liquor licenced premises and events.
Optional program package – security functions inclusion (additional fees; not included in QLD funded program):
Click to open/close each of your program eligibility, enrolment, participation steps!
Program Pre-Requisites and Pre-Enrolment
- Reading, writing and verbal English (min. Grade 10 level) highly recommended i.e 2-way radio, direct client, colleague, patron communication and report completion to security industry standards.
- Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) pre-enrolment checklist completion for ACSF LLN level 3 gap modification adjustment, or if higher referral to QLD TAFE English language and literacy (TELLS) services or relevant support services for pre-enrolment LLN upskilling, confidentially agreed by trainer and student.
- Program/Course Handbook access for trainer/student responsibilities; competency-based VET training and assessment principles and tools; LLN, RPL; refund, review and appeal processes.
Security industry, First Aid/CPR & QLD OLGR compliance:
- Meet QLD security licence application conditions and eligibility including Part 10: disqualifying offences and maintain security licence holder eligibility – disqualifying offences.
The prior CPP07 training package CPP20212 was superceded 21/01/2020 with completed training records completed 12 months prior with eligibility conditions met in the QLD security (C1) application lodgement process with the QLD Office of Fair Trading until 20/01/2021 for (unarmed) security officer and crowd controller officer security functions.
- Annual CPR and triennial (3 year) crowd control function and HLTAID006 Advanced First Aid refresher training from date of training record, advised in annual OFT licence renewal notices.
- Current RSA certification for security crowd control officers in liquor licenced venues and premises.
Identification and citizenship eligibility documents in enrolment process
- Photo and Age I.D: Current QLD driver licence or 18+ Card or Passport
- Citizenship status: Current Passport or Medicare Card (green) to confirm Australia, New Zealand or Australian permanent resident status or humanitarian visa holder status
- Call to confirm alternate identification and citizenship status documents, if required.
Step 1 - Enrolment, Induction & Training Plan
- Induction: Australian industry sector workplace transferrable S.K.A validation to the security industry – Skills, Knowledge, (task skills) Aptitude
- Training Plan reflecting S.K.A, LLN/Dis-Ability modifications (if required) and course date bookings
- Introduction Kit: AQF level II qualification specifications, unit/s element performance criteria descriptors, assessment tools description, review/appeal process, QLD security licence application and:
- Blended learning program component resources – Guide and assessment tasks/tools overview
- Theory and Case Scenario (knowledge/skills) workbook questions completion home-based or Regal venue study session bookings.Relevant clustered units supporting timely participation and AQF rules and principles of evidence standards for security functions, first aid/CPR and RSA on-the-job competency.
- Practical in-course (task skills) on-the-job multiple case studies demonstrations and Theory responses, validating own self-paced completion;
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) pathway – RPL initial competency conversation at initial enquiry supported by S.K.A and resume brief with your trainer to confirm current/recent transferrable S.K.A. suitability and ability to provide relevant RPL Kit support documents and relevant gap-training options.
Your initial program component kit resources will be emailed to you – before you get home!
Step 2 - Student Kit - Theory and Task skills completion
Study full/part time, after work, weekends or attend study sessions – whatever suits you best!
Self-paced learning support: Call 07 5679 0110 or email [email protected] or your training provider (per training plan) including LLN / Dis-Ability student support activities aligning to adult learning principles agreed by trainer/student in the pre-enrolment stage.
1. Guide study for workbook theory questions completion home-based or study sessions to reflect Guide learning and transferrable workplace core skills/knowledge. Respond to multi-choice and provide sentence responses to ‘action verb” questions e.g ‘describe’, ‘detail’, ‘explain’, ‘outline’ etc., to reflect your response relevant to a:
- security services provider or public service/private business security and crowd controller job opportunity; or to a colleague; supervisor (S1); client; their patrons; support services or bystanders; security report/forms completion
- first respondent to a first aid/CPR medical incident: casualty, bystanders, colleague; supervisor; support services
2. Submit pre-course workbook for assessment in person or email to [email protected], or your Regal training provider for timely feedback or 2nd assessment evidence gap activity completion, if required, confirmed with your trainer.
3. Attend first aid/CPR and security workplace and function Courses (per training plan) for practical (task skills and theory) case study demonstration tasks in a safe learning environment with trainer in-depth first aid/CPR and security ‘on-the-ground’ experience to reinforce practical task skills competency.
- Check FAQ information e.g #10 Regal training venue close public transport and parking locations for timely course attendance.
- Coronavirus precautionary advice for students attending RTO vocational education training facilities. Please read ASQA coronavirus updates: 28/01/2020 and 31/01/2020. If relevant, student training plan course date re-scheduling on request, or recommended, if required.
Regal Training and training providers provide safe learning environments with the ability to learn, practice and demonstrate in-course a range of ‘on-the-job’ case studies i.e, communication styles, equipment / PPE use, risk/conflict assessment and management, i.e open hand restraint (applicable) level techniques, reporting and self-care to meet Australian national and QLD workplace, security industry legislative and client organisational and standard operational procedures (SoP) assignment tasks duties and responsibilities.
Each students’ pre-enrolment LLN, Induction S.K.A, training plan key milestones, self-paced study time planning and, if required, 2nd assessment task completion will vary dependant on work/life balance and commitments validating the required rigour and depth of training duration for competent program/course completion to the program package assessment tool requirements, as detailed in Regal Security and Industry Training RTO 32331 CPP20218 Training and Assessment Strategy.
Step 3 - Assessment Outcome and Evaluation
Competent program package component: theory and practical assessment tasks completion will result in issuance of
- CPP20218 CII in Security Operations qualification with unit of competency transcript of mandatory training completed for security licence functions: Unarmed Security Officer and Crowd Control
- Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) Statement of Attainment certification
- HLTAID003 Provide First Aid and HLTAID001 Provider CPR Statement of Attainment certification
- Additional program components: Monitoring function and/or Cash-in-Transit function Statement of Attainment/s, as applicable
Submit training records, support documents and fee with your QLD security licence application form. Application processing duration will be confirmed in the lodgement process at your closest QLD Office of Fair Trading office.
A Statement of Attainment for units competently completed will be provided in lieu of full CPP20218 qualification, if applicable which will impact on ability to meet QLD security licence application function training requirements.
Student file administration fee of $20 for original certificate replacement requests will apply.
In-Course evaluation form completion contributes to the Regal Security & Industry Training RTO 32331 scope validation process with optional inclusion on the Student Testimonial webpage, and program evaluation form completion for Regal training / training provider student satisfaction survey reporting purposes.
Your direct feedback on Regal Security & Industry Training Google Review is most welcomed!
Fee: Regal Training, Southport: Program – $1200 | RPL – $1000
Regal training provider program fee is confirmed on candidate initial contact.
Certegy Ezi-Pay humm program fee repayment plan eligibility and application completion on appointment at Regal Training, 1/42 Nerang Street, Southport.
Regal Training 1/42 Nerang Street, Southport | Mon-Fri 8:30am – 4:00pm
ABN: 46 176 677 836
ACN: 156 550 613
RTO Number: 32331
Firm Licence: 3539164
TRAINING: Testimonials | Provide First Aid / CPR and Refresh Courses | SITHFAB002 Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) | Armed Robbery Awareness - 4 Hour Course | CPP20218 Certificate II in Security Operations R3 | CPP31318 CIII in Security Operations R4 | CPP30607 CIII in Investigative Services | QLD funded Programs - Certificate 3 Guarantee | CPP31418 CIII in Close Protection Operations | Monitoring Licence Function Course | Cash-In-Transit Licence Function Course | Security licence function Ongoing Training Courses | 10618NAT Course in Firearms Safety | Security Firearms Safety Course | Security Weapons Requalification | Security Firearms Safety Course - Cairns QLD | Security Weapons Requalification - Cairns QLD