CPP31418CIII IN CLOSE PROTECTION OPERATIONS (R2)
This program focuses on real-life, close personal protection requirements utilising the latest Australian & international methods & training techniques. Reflecting the role of a close protection operative (Bodyguard / CPP) who is responsible for providing security services to protect the safety and security of principals who may be celebrities, political figures, very important persons (VIPs) or other persons requiring close protection services.
Regal Security and Industry Training is an influential Gold Coast owned and operated security services provider on the Gold Coast since 2010 with a proud reputation in the delivery and assessment of RTO 32331 security licence, nationally recognised programs, courses, including QLD firearms safety courses and QLD funded Certificate 3 Guarantee security programs since 2016 with a network of Regal training provider TAE qualified, experienced professionals sharing their insight and ‘on-the-ground’ savvy with over 23 years’ security industry experience.
Regal Security & Industry Training is a Vocational Education Training (VET) RTO provider and NOT a CRICOS RTO provider
This qualification is suitable for people within or entering the security industry who wish to specialise in the provision of close protection (bodyguard) services and provides a pathway to further learning and work in various security roles and settings, including security risk management.
Close protection operatives work in a team environment under limited supervision and use discretion and judgement in known and unpredictable work contexts. They take responsibility for their own outputs in work and learning, and limited responsibility for the output of others in the work team.
Advance your security industry career – Enrol in Dual Certificate 3 Programs!
CPP31418 CIII in Close Protection Operations and CPP31318 CIII in Security Operations programs
Call 07 5679 0110 for more information!
CPP31418 CIII in Close Protection Operations - Units of competency
|CPPSEC3101||Manage conflict and security risks through negotiation (TR)|
|CPPSEC3103||Determine and implement response to security risk situation|
|CPPSEC3105||Coordinate provision of quality security services to clients|
|CPPSEC3121||Control persons using empty hand techniques (TR)|
|CPPSEC3122||Plan provision of close protection services|
|CPPSEC3123||Implement close protection services|
|HLTAID006||Provide advanced first aid (TR)|
|HLTWHS003||Maintain work health and safety|
|BSBFLM312||Contribute to team effectiveness|
|CHCCCS020||Respond effectively to behaviours of concern|
|CPPSEC3102||Maintain operational safety and security of work environment|
|CPPSEC3104||Coordinate monitoring and control of individual and crowd behaviour|
|CPPSEC3106||Gather, organise and present security information and documentation|
|CPPSEC3108||Store, protect and dispose of security information|
Click to open/close your blended learning program eligibility, enrolment, participation steps!
Program Pre-Requisite and Pre-Enrolment
- Reading, writing and verbal English (min. Grade 10 level) highly recommended i.e 2-way radio, direct client, colleague, patron communication and report completion to security industry standards.
- Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) pre-enrolment checklist completion for ACSF LLN level 3 gap modification adjustment, or if higher referral to QLD TAFE English language and literacy (TELLS) services or relevant support services for pre-enrolment LLN upskilling, confidentially agreed by trainer and student.
- Program/Course Handbook access for trainer/student responsibilities; competency-based VET training and assessment principles and tools; LLN, RPL; refund, review and appeal processes
QLD Security industry, First Aid/CPR & QLD OLGR compliance:
- Current QLD security licence holder with (unarmed) security officer and crowd controller functions and maintain eligibility – see disqualifying offences.
- Eligibility for QLD security licence upgrade for bodyguard function conditions and criteria.
- Annual CPR and Triennial (3 year) crowd control function and HLTAID006 Advanced First Aid from date of training record, advised in annual OFT licence renewal notices.
Identification and citizenship eligibility documents provided in enrolment process
- Photo and Age I.D: Current Driver Licence or 18+ Card or Passport
- Citizenship status: Current Passport or Medicare Card (green) to confirm Australia, New Zealand or Australian permanent resident status or humanitarian visa holder status
- Security licence status: Current QLD security (Class1) licence
- Call to confirm alternate identification and citizenship status documents, if required.
Step 1 - Enrolment, Induction and Training Plan
Call, come into the office/training venue at 1/42 Nerang Street, Southport, or book an appointment to confirm learning pathway suitability and pre-Program Enrolment Form completion with program eligibility documents for verification, course fee or Certegy Ezi-Pay Plan (establishment fees) receipt and program induction.
If including security function upgrade/s, course fee invoice for receipting and student kits will be provided and have been designed to ensure each security function (theory and task skills) assessment tools are met with holistic (clustered units) for theory (knowledge and skills) applicable to security licence function competency.
Student Kit resources
Program Introduction Kit includes the AQF level III qualification specifications and unit element performance criteria descriptors in the theory (knowledge, skills) and practical demonstrations (task skills) assessment tools meeting the Principles and Rules of Evidence for assessment of ‘on-the-job’ competency in the security industry.
Learning Pathway options to meet your security industry experience & achievements!
Call to confirm your most relevant learning pathway suitability in the initial competency conversation with your trainer to confirm ability to provide program assessment tool types: direct, in-direct and historical original evidence support documentation / recordings including mandatory Third Party Report completed by current or recent direct Supervisor to verify current security industry officer core skills, knowledge, task skills, experience and achievements transferrable to Close Personal Protection (CPP) bodyguard client Standard of Procedures duties, responsibilities and accountability of Principle safety and security expectations.
(1) On-the-Job: Recognised Currently Competent – RCC; or
(2) Recent/Prior: Recognised Prior Learning – RPL
Program assessment tool (RCC or RPL) mandatory Close Personal Protection training plan activities will be agreed by candidate and direct Supervisor at the pre-program enrolment appointment phase to ensure all program unit packaging assessment requirements and AQF Rules and Principles of Evidence standards are able to be achieved, including: Course date waiting list inclusion of Group CPP tactile training participation.
(3) Blended Learning: suitable for new QLD security licence holders without/minimal security industry experience.
Currently in development – acknowledging CPP Certificate II or CIII security licence function transferrable knowledge/skills.
- Guide content/links for self-paced study to complete:
- Workbook – Theory (knowledge and skills) activities, with ability to include examples of relevant transferrable industry or current security industry key performance competencies and program unit packaging assessment evidence requirements.
- Practical (task skills and theory) course participation. with underpinning theory knowledge/skills confirming authenticity of student workbook completion in various experiental ‘real-life’ practical CPP bodyguard tasks and responsibilities.
Step 2 - Student Kit - Theory and Task skills completion
Study sessions, full/part time, after work or weekends – whatever suits you best!
Self-paced learning support: Call 07 5679 0110 or email [email protected] or your training provider (per training plan) including LLN / Dis-Ability student support activities aligning to adult learning principles agreed by trainer/student in the pre-enrolment stage.
- Guide study for workbook theory questions completion home-based or study sessions to reflect Guide learning and transferrable workplace core skills/knowledge. Respond to multi choice and provide sentence responses to ‘action verb” questions e.g ‘describe’, ‘detail’, ‘explain’, ‘outline’ etc., to reflect your response relevant to a:
- security services provider, private business or independant client’s request, risk assessment, SoP assignment tasks planning, contingency management to a colleague; supervisor (S1); client; principal, principal support network, support services or bystanders; security report/forms completion
- first respondent to a principal’s first aid/CPR medical incident: casualty, bystanders, colleague; supervisor; support services
- Submit pre-course workbook for assessment in person or email to [email protected], or your Regal training provider for timely feedback or 2nd assessment evidence gap activity completion, if required, confirmed with your trainer.
- Attend bodyguard / CPP security function Courses (per training plan) for practical (task skills and theory) various case study demonstration tasks in a safe learning environment with trainer in-depth first aid/CPR and CPP bodyguard officer ‘on-the-ground’ experience to reinforce practical task skills competency.
- Check FAQ information e.g #10 Regal training venue close public transport and parking locations for timely course attendance.
- Coronavirus Precautionary Advice for students attending RTO vocational education training facilities. Please read ASQA coronavirus updates: 28/01/2020 and 31/01/2020. If relevant, student training plan course date re-scheduling on request, or recommended, if required.
Regal Training and training providers provide safe learning environments with the ability to learn, practice and demonstrate in-course a range of ‘on-the-job’ case studies i.e, communication styles, equipment / PPE use, risk/conflict assessment and management, i.e open hand restraint level techniques, bodyguard formations, reporting and self-care to meet Australian national and QLD workplace, security industry legislative and client organisational and standard operational procedures (SoP) assignment tasks duties and responsibilities.
Each students’ pre-enrolment LLN, Induction S.K.A, training plan key milestones, self-paced study time planning and, if required, 2nd assessment task completion will vary dependant on work/life balance and commitments validating the required rigour and depth of training duration for competent program/course completion to the program package assessment tool requirements, as detailed in Regal Security and Industry Training RTO 32331 CPP31418 Training and Assessment Strategy.
Step 3 - Assessment Outcome and Evaluation
Competent program package component theory and task skills assessment outcome will result in issuance of:
- CPP31418 CIII in Close Protection Operations qualification with unit of competency transcript of mandatory training completed for security licence upgrade: Bodyguard function
Submit training record, support documents and fee for your security licence – upgrade option in the QLD security licence application form. Application processing duration will be confirmed at lodgement at your closest QLD Office of Fair Trading office.
A Statement of Attainment for units competently completed will be provided in lieu of full CPP31418 qualification, if applicable, which will impact on ability to meet the QLD security licence application upgrade function training requirements.
- Student file administration fee of $20 for original certificate replacement requests will apply.
In-Course Evaluation Form completion contributes to the Regal Security & Industry Training RTO 32331 scope validation process, optional inclusion on the Student Testimonial webpage, and program evaluation for Regal training / training provider student satisfaction survey reporting purposes.
Your direct feedback on Regal Security & Industry Training Google Review is most welcomed!
Regal Training, Southport Fee: Program – $950 RPL – tbc
- Regal training provider program fee confirmed on candidate initial contact
- Certegy Humm program fee repayment plan eligibility and applications available at Regal Training, Head Office, Southport
Mon – Fri 8:30am – 4:00pm
ABN: 46 176 677 836
ACN: 156 550 613
RTO Number: 32331
Firm Licence: 3539164
TRAINING: Testimonials | Provide First Aid / CPR and Refresh Courses | SITHFAB002 Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) | Armed Robbery Awareness - 4 Hour Course | CPP20218 Certificate II in Security Operations R3 | CPP31318 CIII in Security Operations R4 | CPP30607 CIII in Investigative Services | QLD funded Programs - Certificate 3 Guarantee | CPP31418 CIII in Close Protection Operations | Monitoring Licence Function Course | Cash-In-Transit Licence Function Course | Security licence function Ongoing Training Courses | 10618NAT Course in Firearms Safety | Security Firearms Safety Course | Security Weapons Requalification | Security Firearms Safety Course - Cairns QLD | Security Weapons Requalification - Cairns QLD