10618NAT COURSE IN FIREARMS SAFETYCAIRNS, QLD
QUEENSLAND POLICE SERVICE APPROVED
FIREARMS SAFETY COURSE
10618NAT Course in Firearms Safety replaces the superceded 30989QLD Course in Firearms Safety as mandatory QLD Firearms Safety Course training for QLD Weapon Licence application purposes.
Regal Security & Industry Training Pty Ltd RTO Provider No. 32331 is an approved training provider of 10618NAT Course in Firearms Safety that has been specifically designed and developed by the Queensland Police Service Weapons Licencing Branch – see our Google Review feedback from weapon safety course accredited participants.
This course is available with Regal Training in Cairns in a combination of trainer-led theory (knowledge and skills) and practical (task skills) demonstration assessment tools with highly experienced and qualified weapons training professionals.
Regal Security & Industry Training is a Vocational Education Training (VET) RTO provider and NOT a CRICOS RTO provider
Click to open/close your blended learning course eligibility, enrolment, participation steps!
Course nominations - Weapon Category descriptions
Course nominations to enable participation in sports target shooting; recreational hunting; collectors; weapons collectors; cross bow hunters and employment in pest environment controller by completion of the applicable Units of Competency:
- WSCQPS001A Demonstrate knowledge of firearms legislation, firearm & community safety
- WSCQPS002A Demonstrate the safe use of Category A and Category B firearms
- WSCQPS003A Demonstrate the safe use of Category C firearms
- WSCQPS004A Demonstrate the safe use of Category D firearms
- WSCQPS005A Demonstrate the safe use of Category H firearms
Regal Security and Industry Training are able to package Units to meet Category licencing requirements for Business, Groups, Individuals and Minors.
Category A, B and H course is suitable for firearms use in Sports/Target Shooting, Recreational, Collecting Firearms and Occupational e.g animal controllers, rural employee/primary production. Firearms include:
- Air Rifles, Paintball Guns, Lever Action and Pump Action Rifles, Semi-Automatic Pistols and Revolvers, Muzzle Loading Firearms, Bolt Action and Single and Double Barrel Shotguns
Category C and D Firearms is suitable for specialised use for occupational / licence function requirements including primary producers, pest controllers, firearms dealers, armourers, instructors and theatrical ordnance suppliers. Firearms include:
- Semi-Automatic Rifles, Semi-Automatic and Pump Action Shotguns
Minors Licence options:
- Category A, B or H – Sports or Target shooting
Check your category requirements for applicable licence requirements, or call 0400 598198 to discuss
- Reading, writing and verbal English (min. Grade 10 level) highly recommended i.e 2-way radio, direct client, colleague, patron communication and report completion to security industry standards.
- Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) pre-enrolment checklist completion for ACSF LLN level 3 gap modification adjustment, or if higher referral to QLD TAFE English language and literacy (TELLS) services or relevant support services for pre-enrolment LLN upskilling, confidentially agreed by trainer and student.
- Course/Program Handbook access for information including LLN, student kit resources, evidence assessment tools, conditions and review and appeal process to enable completion of the Enrolment Form – Part 9 Handbook Declaration.
- QLD weapon licence application form conditions and following eligibility criteria:
- Must be over 18 years of age, or persons 11 to 17 years of age may apply for a Minor’s Licence
- Are a resident of Queensland, with proof of address required in the application process
- Are a fit and proper person and have not, within the past five years, been convicted of a disqualifying offence including misuse of drugs, misuse of weapons, the use or threatened use of violence, or been the subject of a domestic violence protection order.
- Have a genuine reason for a licence, and able to demonstrate appropriate training in the safe use of firearms; and
- Have access to secure storage
Course eligibility documents provided for completion of Part 7 in the Enrolment Form to verify:
- Age & Photo I.D: Driver Licence or 18+ Card. Parental/guardian consent for candidates 11-17 years of age
- Citizenship status to verify Australia or New Zealand or Australia permanent resident: Medicare Card (green) or Passport
- Support document: EFTPOS Card or residential utilities account e.g power/phone
Industry compliance: Training record requirement for QLD weapons licence application. The Weapons Licencing Branch of the Queensland Police is responsible for the licence application process with support documents required and application fee payable at lodgement.
- Course certification must be within 12 months for weapons licence application purposes.
- If licence lapses, completion of the 10618NAT Course in Firearms Safety will be required to meet licence application process.
Step 1 - Enrolment and Participation
Call Tom Obah on 0400 598918 or email [email protected] for a return call to verify your course eligibility documents before completing the Enrolment Form, issue course fee receipt, and provide an overview of the 1 day course assessment tool competency requirements.
Training Venue: Theory (knowledge and skills). A detailed overview of QLD weapons legislative requirements, safety, storage and transportation leading to specific handling skills, knowledge and awareness of self and others safety in the training venue for Theory workbook completion; and
Practical (task skills) demonstration. Attend a shooting range for theory (underpinning knowledge/skills) transfer to practical (task skills) demonstration for practical live fire assessment which we provide PPE for personal safety. Suitable clothing is highly recommended: closed-in shoes, comfortable fitting long pants and top.
Step 2 - Assessment Outcome and Course Evaluation
Certification (training record)
- Competent course completion will result in issuance of your 10618NAT Course in Firearms Safety training record with the applicable Weapons category transcript for submission in the QLD weapons licence or renewal application online process with relevant support documents and fee for processing.
- Student file administration fee of $20 for original certificate replacement requests will apply.
Course Evaluation Form completion contributes to the Regal Security & Industry Training RTO 32331 Scope of Program/Course resources and delivery/assessment validation process, and for optional inclusion on our Student Testimonial webpage or your direct feedback on Google Review most welcomed!
Regal Security & Industry Training RTO 32331 is committed to ensuring each students’ volume and duration of learning reflects competent certification of the AQF CIII program training package – Unit of Competency evidence guide requirements, and is adjusted accordingly to reflect the percentage of the total unit/s of competency from a training package completed meets the AQF Principals of Assessment; C.A.V.S (current, authentic, valid, sufficient) assessment guidelines and ASQA Standards for RTOs compliance requirements.
Fee: Category A & B: $175 Category A, B & H: $225 Category H or C or D: $175 each
ABN: 46 176 677 836
ACN: 156 550 613
RTO Number: 32331
Firm Licence: 3539164
TRAINING: Testimonials | Provide First Aid / CPR and Refresh Courses | SITHFAB002 Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) | Armed Robbery Awareness - 4 Hour Course | CPP20218 Certificate II in Security Operations R3 | CPP31318 CIII in Security Operations R4 | CPP30607 CIII in Investigative Services | QLD funded Programs - Certificate 3 Guarantee | CPP31418 CIII in Close Protection Operations | Monitoring Licence Function Course | Cash-In-Transit Licence Function Course | Security licence function Ongoing Training Courses | 10618NAT Course in Firearms Safety | Security Firearms Safety Course | Security Weapons Requalification | Security Firearms Safety Course - Cairns QLD | Security Weapons Requalification - Cairns QLD