Book nowSecurity Firearms Safety Course
The course has been specifically designed to meet the licensing requirements for a Security (Guard) Weapons Licence in Queensland providing participants:
- skills and knowledge to safely and effectively determine a response to risk situations
- respond to risk situations and manage incidents including the use of firearms, ballistic vests batons and handcuffs
- training in weapon retention, weapon disarming and weapon maintenance, and
- develop an in depth understanding of the legalities pertaining to the use of force
Participants will attend one day at a live firing range where they will receive individual coaching and practice with the firearms before their safe handling skills and marksmanship are assessed. The program is conducted primarily as a practical scenario based course with both written and practical assessments.
Emphasis is placed on the safe handling of firearms and selecting an appropriate response to risk situations.
Our instructors are industry professionals with several years experience in the safe handling of firearms in Security, and Recreational Shooting environments.
A Statement of Attainment will be awarded upon successful completion of this course. This will allow for the application to Weapons Licencing Queensland for a Security Guard Firearms Licence with firearm categories C, E and H. This will be a requirement for the following job roles:
- Armed Cash in Transit
- Plain Clothes Cash In Transit
- Must be 18 years or age or older and have had no criminal convictions in previous 10 years to be eligible for a Security Providers Licence.
- Note: Driving offences (e.g. speeding, drink driving, etc.) are not normally disqualifying offences. Must be an Australian Citizen or hold an appropriate Visa to work in the Security Industry in Queensland.
- Participants complete their LLN and Employability skills checklist in the Program Portfolio Kit, in the enrolment process.
- Must have completed CPP20212 CII in Security Operations or
- CPP30411 CIII in Security Operations, including 3 Units for Cash-In-Transit licence function
- Any criminal conviction or domestic violence order in the past 5 years is considered disqualifying and Weapons Licensing Branch will not issue a licence.
If you do not hold either a certificate or Security Licence, please contact us for your training needs - we can tailor a package to suit your needs.
Statement of Attainment (Partial Certificate III in Security Operations)
Note: This qualification is customisable to suit the needs of individual participants and includes a total of 3 elective units which are customised to meet specific skills and knowledge requirements for assessment in this Course.
- CPPSEC3008A Control Security Risk using Firearms
- Category C Shotgun
- Category H Revolver
- Category H Semi-Automatic Pistol
- Category E Body Armour
For information with regards to more elective units, you can contact your trainer, call us or leave a message on the Contact page.
Attend a 4 day interactive class experience with a qualified, experienced trainer with self paced work books and is available through face to face learning only.
Applications made for Security Guard Firearms Licences are handled by the Weapons Licencing Branch of the Queensland Police. This service incurs a fee to process, approve and issue licences.
Regal Security and Industry Training has RTO 3rd Party Arrangements for the delivery and assessment of the Security Weapons Re-Qualification course with experienced security weapon industry, highly skilled and qualified trainers and assessors with:
Mr Anthony Chadburn Ph: 0400117562 email@example.com
$1,000 per person. Contact us to confirm fee as is subject to change without notice and may vary in different locations.