Book now10618NAT Course in Firearms Safety
Queensland Police Service
Approved Firearms Safety Course
10618NAT Course in Firearms Safety replaces the superceded 30989QLD Course in Firearms Safety as a mandatory QLD firearms safety course training requirement for licence application purposes.
Regal Security and Industry Training RTO Provider No. 32331 is an approved training provider of 10618NAT Course in Firearms Safety that has been specifically designed and developed by the Queensland Police Service QPS Weapons Licencing Branch. See our Google Review feedback from weapon safety course accredited participants.
Regal Security and Industry Training RTO No. 32331 is proud of its reputation in the delivery and assessment of nationally recognised programs, courses, industry security function and weapons safety licence refresher courses to exceed client, student and QLD business and community responsive safety and security confidence and expectations.
This course is available on the Gold Coast and Brisbane in a combination of course theory and practical demonstration with highly experienced and qualified weapons training professionals.
- Pre-requisites: We highly recommend a minimum of Grade 10 level of English reading and writing, with modification of applicable learning and assessment tasks to meet pre-enrolment Language, Literacy and Numeracy checklist responses is provided.
- Handbook - program eligibility, conditions, review and appeal process; Enrolment Form and QLD weapond licence application criteria available on the Form page
- Identification and Citizenship: Drivers Licence; 18+ Card; Credit Card with photo; Passport.
- Licence eligibility:
- Must be over 18 years of age, or persons 11 to 17 years of age may apply for a Minor's Licence
- Are a resident of Queensland, with proof of address required in the application process
- Are a fit and proper person and have not, within the past five years, been convicted of a disqualifying offence including misuse of drugs, misuse of weapons, the use or threatened use of violence, or been the subject of a domestic violence protection order.
- Have a genuine reason for a licence, and able to demonstrate appropriate training in the safe use of firearms; and
- Have access to secure storage
- Industry compliance: Training record requirement for QLD weapons licence application. The Weapons Licencing Branch of the Queensland Police is responsible for the licence application process with support documents required and application fee payable at lodgement.
- Course certification must be within 12 months for weapons licence application purposes.
- If licence lapses, completion of the 10618NAT Course in Firerms Safety will be requiredto meet licence application process.
10618NAT Course in Firearms Safety - Units of Competency
- WSCQPS001A Demonstrate knowledge of firearms legislation, firearm & community safety
- WSCQPS002A Demonstrate the safe use of Category A and Category B firearms
- WSCQPS003A Demonstrate the safe use of Category C firearms
- WSCQPS004A Demonstrate the safe use of Category D firearms
- WSCQPS005A Demonstrate the safe use of Category H firearms
Regal Security and Industry Training are able to package Units to meet Category licencing requirements for Business, Groups, Individuals and Minors:
- Category A, B and H course is suitable for firearms use in Sports/Target Shooting, Recreational, Collecting Firearms and Occupational e.g animal controllers, rural employee/primary production:
- Firearms include: Air Rifles, Paintball Guns, Lever Action and Pump Action Rifles, Semi-Automatic Pistols and Revolvers, Muzzle Loading Firearms, Bolt Action and Single and Double Barrel Shotguns
- Category C and D Firearms is suitable for specialised use for occupational / licence function requirements including primary producers, pest controllers, firearms dealers, armourers, instructors and theatrical ordnance suppliers.
- Firearms include: Semi-Automatic Rifles, Semi-Automatic and Pump Action Shotguns
Minors Licence options:
- Sports or Target shooting – Category A, B or H; Primary production on rural land – Category A or B; Clay target or occupational – Category C. Conditions apply
Seeking to participate in sports target shooting; recreational hunting; collectors; weapons collectors; cross bow hunters and employment in pest environment control
- Detailed overview of QLD weapons legislative requirements, safety, storage and transportation leading to specific handling skills, knowledge and awareness of self and others safety
- 1 day course comprising of interactive theory and practical with fire range attendance for live fire assessment.
- Suitable clothing - closed-in shoes, comfortable fitting long pants and top recommended for shooting range live fire assessment component of the course
- Training venue, and shooting range location details will be confirmed in the enrolment process
A Statement of Attainment detailing the category of weapon/s competently attained will be awarded upon successful completion of this course, meeting licence application pre-requisite training requirement in the safe use of firearms
Please contact us - we are highly reputable in the delivery and assessment of security weapon courses to meet QLD Weapons Licence requirements.
Regal Security and Industry Training has RTO 3rd Party Arrangements for the delivery and assessment of the 106118NAT Course in Firearms Safety with highly experienced weapons safety qualified professional trainers and assessors with:
Mr Anthony Chadburn Ph: 0400117562 firstname.lastname@example.org
Category A & B: $150 Category A, B & H: $200 Category H or C or D: $150 each