Book nowProvide First Aid and CPR Course and Refresh Courses
HLTAID003 Provide First Aid - Release 6
HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation - Release 5
Give yourself the confidence to save lives by learning from the best in the industry. Whether it's for work or personal development our course will give you everything you need to confidently apply first aid to anyone in need.
Our First Aid and CPR courses are available in the Gold Coast to Brisbane; Cairns and North QLD areas with highly trained industry professionals giving lots more substance and hands-on experience.
We take first aid training very seriously and so should you, being why we ensure all of our students completing the course know they have the skills, knowledge and practiced vital techniques to help save a life.
Regal Security and Industry Training RTO No. 32331 is proud of its reputation in the delivery and assessment of nationally recognised programs, courses, industry security function and weapons safety licence refresher courses to exceed client, student and QLD business and community responsive safety and security confidence and expectations.
Regal Security & Industry Training is a training RTO provider and NOT a CRICOS RTO provider
Course Handbook, eligibility details and Enrolment Form - Form page
- Pre-requisites: Prior study not required. We highly recommend a minimum of Grade 10 level of English reading and writing, with modification of applicable learning and assessment tasks to meet pre-enrolment Language, Literacy and Numeracy checklist responses is provided
- Industry compliance: Business – H.R WHS roles, QLD security licence application training requirement
- Legislation: Security industry licencing requirements state Provide First Aid component must be updated every 3 years with the CPR component being updated every 12 months per the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guideline.
Pre-Course Study: Course Guide, Emergency Signs, Symptoms and Treatment Guide and Theory and Case Study Workbook with single, multi-choice and own response 40 multi-level questions for completion before attending the interactive 1 day course to transfer underpinning knowledge, learn, apply and demonstrate effective first aid equipment, techniques and treatment in a safe learning environment.
Course participation - Content includes:
- Legal, cultural and other issues of First Aid
- Basic Life Support (DRSABCD)
- CPR and AED
- Shock Management
- Airway Management – Asthma, Choking, Severe Allergic Reaction, Hyperventilation
- Cardiac Emergencies
- Bleeding and Wound Care
- Burns and Scalds
- Extremes of Heat and Cold
- Musculoskeletal Injuries
- Altered Conscious States
- Bites and Stings
The Provide CPR Course 3 hour component covers important and up to date Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation techniques and guidelines in a fun and easy to understand way. The course runs for approximately 3 hours and is a must for anyone!
The Provide CPR Refresh Course is 4 hours, comprising of theory, with written and practical demonstration assessment.
- Students will be assessed on pre-course theory responses; written quiz and practical skills - role plays, practical techniques application, perform CPR and AED medical equipment demonstration
- Competent assessment of course skills, knowledge and task components will result in issuance of the the nationally recognised Statement of Attainment: Provide first aid (HLTAID003) & Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (HLTAID001) certificates.
Course Enrolment and Fees
- Enrolment Form - Course and Youth Skills Course Enrolment Form for persons under 18 years of age. Parental consent required.
- Enrolment Form - Provide First Aid or Provide CPR Refresh Courses. Persons under 18 years of age. Parental consent required.
Fees: Provide First Aid (including CPR) - $150.00 CPR (Annual Refresher) - $75.00
Note: HLTAID003 Provide First Aid Release 6 is current from 06/08/2015; superseding HLTFA311A - Apply first aid 30/06/2013 identified as a core unit in the CPP20212 CII in Security Operations Program Package. HLTAID001 Provide CPR Release 5 is current from 06/08/2015.