Training Affiliates and FAQ's
If you have any questions about our security services, security courses/programs on the Gold Coast, please call one of our friendly staff members, or alternatively our frequently asked questions may assist you.
Regal Security & Industry Training is a training RTO provider and NOT a CRICOS RTO provider
The ASQA Standards for Registered Training Organisations 2015 define a ‘third party’ as any party that provides services on behalf of the RTO, being defined as training, assessment, related educational and support services and/or any activities related to the recruitment of prospective learners.
Regal Security and Industry Training RTO No. 32331 abides to all ASQA Standards third party clauses and takes pride in their QLD network of private training and security providers' highly experienced, skilled and qualified trainers and assessors with 'on-the-job' experiences shared to reinforce course and program outcomes for students to security industry expectations.
Program, Courses & Third Party providers:
- First Aid and CPR Course and CPR Refresher Course (Adults and Youth)
- CPP20212 CII in Security Operations; CII CIII in Security Operations Program Package
- CPP30411 CIII in Security Operations; licence function courses; security function refresh courses
- SITHFAB002 Provide Reponsible Service of Alcohol - RSA
- Firearms Safety Course and ReQualification Course
- 10618NAT Course in Weapons Safety and ReQualification Course (Adults and Youth)
Mr Anthony Chadburn Ph: 0400117562 email@example.com
1. How can I pay for the Program, and is there a program fee payment option?
- We accept cash, EFTPos, Direct Deposit, and Electronic Funds Transfer -EFT
- Program Fee payment plan - Interest Free options are available in conjunction with Certegy (application and conditions apply)
2. Are refunds available?
- Yes, in accordance with our refund policy. Refer to the Program Handbook or Certificate 3 Guarantee Program Handbook - access here
3. Are Regal's programs nationally recognised?
- Yes – Regal Security & Industry Training Pty Ltd is recognised as an Australian Qualification Framework nationally Recognised Training Organisation RTO Provider Number 32331, meeting Australian Skills Quality Authority Standards for RTOs 2015.
4. What is a Credit Transfer?
- If you have already been awarded a unit for this course we can give you a credit transfer for that unit provided the Unit Code is an exact match. The cost of the course will not be varied where credit transfer is awarded due to additional administrative processing. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
5. Is QLD Government Funding available?
- Regal Security and Industry Training is an approved Pre-Qualified Supplier (PQS) provider on the pre-approved registered training organisations (RTOs) central registrar for the delivery of training and assessment services subsidised by the QLD Department of Education and Training (DET).
- We provide concessional and non-consessional fees for program fee subsidies as a PQS provider for Certificate 3 Guarantee Programs:
- CPP30411 Certificate III in Security Operations in the Program Package;
- CPP30607 Certificate III in Investigative Services.
What is the Certificate 3 Guarantee?
Introduced by the QLD Government 1 July 2014 as a new QLD VET Reform Action Plan - Great Skills, Real Opportunities for eligible Queenslanders’ ability to access quality training programs that deliver effective skills to meet employment and business demands. Co-contribution subsidies for fee/material costs of CIII program to support employment pre-requisite training e.g QLD Security Class 1 Licence or Investigation industry licence Application qualification requirements
Are you eligible to participate?
Check our Certificate 3 Guarantee page, with full information also available on the QLD Government Training Certificate 3 Guarantee FAQs
6. When do I get my Qualification?
On final assessment outcome of competent qualification completion, certification will be awarded in person, or by post if preferred for:
- RSA certification - same day of course demonstration completion
- Licence Function or CPR Re-Qualification Course - same day of course completion
- Licence Function Statement of Attainment - 1-2 units; same day of course completion
- Program Statement of Attainment - within 21 calendar days
- Program Recognition of Prior Learning - within 21 calendar days
- Blended Program Qualification - within 30 calendar days
We are proud to meet ASQA Standards for RTOS 2015 Standard 3 Clause 3.3: AQF certification documentation is issued to a learner within 30 calendar days of the learner being assessed as meeting the requirements of the training product if the training program in which the learner is enrolled is complete, and providing all agreed fees the learner owes to the RTO have been paid.
7. What do I need to apply for my QLD Security License?
Refer to full QLD Security Licence Application conditions and eligibility - access here
You are not eligible for a licence if you have been convicted of a disqualifying offence in the past 10 years, where a conviction was recorded
You must also tell us if you have been found guilty of a disqualifying offence in the past 5 years, where a conviction was not recorded (this is known as an ‘unrecorded finding of guilt’). We may ask you for further information so we can assess if you are a suitable person to hold a licence.
8. How do I get a QLD Security Firearms License?
Refer to full QLD Security Firearms Licence Application conditions and eligibility - access here
- QLD resident 18 yrs of age or older and is a fit and proper personAre a resident of Qld
- Have not, within the past 5 years, been convicted of a disqualifying offence including misuse of drugs, misuse of weapons, the use or threatened use of violence, or been the subject of a domestic violence protection order
- Have a genuine reason for a licence
- Can demonstrate appropriate training in the safe use of firearms, and have access to secure storage.
For more information: https://www.police.qld.gov.au/programs/weaponsLicensing/default.htm
9. Where are you located and is there parking?
- Our Training Room is located at 1/42 Nerang Street Southport (next door and above the Cecil Hotel), which is directly outside the Southport Tram Stop.
- Parking – Australia Fair has 3 hours free parking, alternatively there is all day paid parking on Suter Street Southport (450m from Regal Office) and Hick Street Southport (280m from Regal Office).
10. Is there food available?
- We are located in the Southport CBD, which has an abundance of food outlets, alternatively you can bring your own food, and we have a fridge and microwave for your convenience – Tea and Coffee facilities provided.