Want to Stand Out From the Rest
Professional Security firms are often members of peak industry associations, are adequately insured, train their employees well, use only appropriately licensed personnel, provide wages and conditions in accordance with the lawful industrial instrument and have good reputations. To help your credentials of a security provider stand out from others, some of the key criteria to consider include:
- Adequate / current insurance cover – have documents to ensure you are current and provide coverage suitable to the requirements needed by your clients.
- A good reputation – provide documentation that highlights your firm’s reputation to ensure you have maintained good relationships with customers, are trustworthy and dependable.
- References – have references available to give a valuable insight as to the reliability and performance of your security firm. Having a trading history can be very helpful.
- Training – make available your security companies training regime and provide supporting documentation to support your assertions.
- Equipment – ensure your equipment provided is fit for the purpose and meets all work health and safety requirements.
- Rates – having clear financial arrangements regarding the planned invoicing cycle, rise and fall of cost management, cost drivers, rate reviews, additional charges and award/agreement impact.
- Written Contract – defining the rights and responsibilities between client and security firm should be detailed and written, including dispute resolution processes, contract review, extensions and termination.
- Management – promote your experienced management personnel with specialist expertise in the security industry will ensure effective delivery and well-trained and supervised staff.
- Crowd Controllers / Security Officers – you should provide evidence that only appropriate licensed and trained personnel work on site, always make available copies of Security License, First Aid Certificate, Security Operations Certificate, RSA Certificate and any other relevant certifications to meet your requirements.